The role of the Sr. Systems Analyst (Tech Lead) - eCommerce is to provide technical expertise related to various eCommerce applications. This role will work closely with the eCommerce Application Architect, development manager and support manager on all technology issues and development projects. This role will be the owner of a number of applications in the eCommerce area for all support and enhancements. This role will be the technical subject matter expert for assigned eCommerce applications. This role will work with Business Analysts and business team to help define business requirements for new development and any support related changes.
The role requires proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining eCommerce applications integrating with various Enterprise Services (Price/Promotion/Inventory and Order fulfillment).
The role will need to work with other application teams to define and implement any required interfaces for Product Information and Order Fulfillment using Web services/REST/MQ and file base interfaces
This role will also be primarily responsible and will work with internal and external vendor teams for all code deployment, source control, Quality/Performance testing for assigned applications from eCommerce application area.
The position requires knowledge of and hands-on experience with, eCommerce application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools. This includes the following:
Java Spring based platform implementation in various modules Profile Management, Check out and Payment services
Experience in Design and code review and put a structure/checklist in place to measure code quality
Object oriented design patterns to support scalability and performance
Java/J2EE programming including distributed caching
Integration tools like MQ and API services (REST/SOAP)
Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
Experience with application integration using Enterprise Service Bus
Experience with IBM Websphere Message Broker
Experience with IBM Websphere Service Registry and Repository
Database Software like Oracle, DB2, UDB etc.
Database utilities like TOAD, SQLPlus and Oracle tools
Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux, AIX, i5OS, mainframe zOS, Windows etc.
Operating System level scripting tools like Shell scripts, PERL scripts, Batch programming etc.
Source control and version management tools like CVS/SVN
Build and Release management tools like Hudson, Apache Ant
Web Analytics tools like Coremetrics, Omniture
Application Performance Monitoring Tools like CA-Wily, Tealeaf, and Dynatrace
Performance/availability monitoring tools/services like Gomez, Keynote
Load testing tools/services like QC/QTP, SOASTA and Gomez
1. 5 years of Java Spring development and implementation experience
2. Maintain and manage the source control repository for assigned applications
3. Work with business analysts and business team to define technically feasible requirements
4. Work with Application Architect to analyze and implement appropriate tools/services to improve Belks eCommerce application portfolio for assigned applications
5. Responsible for delivering the design and development phases of the project for assigned projects
6. Work with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities
7. Working with support team on day to day support activities
8. Working with support team on small enhancements
9. Deploy all support fixes, small enhancements and major projects to production environment for assigned applications
10. Provide stability and improve performance for assigned applications
11. Work with various parties to make all assigned eCommerce applications better to enhance customer experience and positively impact eCommerce sales.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
7+ years experience as Systems Analyst, Technology Lead or other similar technology position in eCommerce application area in retail eCommerce space.
Strong SDLC experience and application architecture/design background.
3-5 years experience preferably in the retail and consumer products industry.
Detailed functional understanding of eCommerce applications, interfaces and business processes.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.