LAST UPDATED: October 30, 2023
This page describes the Terms and Conditions of Service that govern your use of this website and certain products, site-related services (including the content and code related thereto) offered by Dice Inc. (“Dice” or “Company” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”). We provide this website and all site related services including the content and code related there to (collectively “Site”) subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Service (the “Agreement”).
READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SITE AS IT WILL IMPACT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
1. Legal and General Information
1.1 This Agreement is made between the Company and you, the Site visitor, and/or registered user, and/or as applicable, the business you represent.
1.2 Your use of the Site indicates your consent to be bound by the Agreement. If you are using this Site or its services as the representative of an employer, recruiter, staffing agency, or other business, you represent that you have the authority to bind such employer, recruiter, staffing agency, or other business entity to this Agreement, and that by using the Site or its services, you agree that such employer, recruiter, staffing agency, or other business entity is also bound by this Agreement. If you do not consent to the terms of this Agreement, please do not use the Site.
1.3 We reserve the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time. Such changes may include, but are not limited to, eliminating or discontinuing content or features of the Site, restricting the hours of availability or amount of permitted use of the Site, changes to the fees associated with use of the Site and/or any of the Site’s related features.
1.4 When any changes to these terms are made, the Company will post the most current version of the Agreement on its website. If a revision to the Agreement is material, Dice may notify you of the change via email or other means. If you do not agree with the modified Agreement terms, you should discontinue your use of the Site as your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of such changes It is your responsibility to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
1.5 You must be at least 16 years of age to use the Site.
2. Ownership; Proprietary Notices
2.1 The Site, including all pages within and all code related thereto, is the property of Dice Inc. No portion of the materials or code found anywhere on the Site may be reprinted or republished (other than as is necessary to view the page on your device) in any form without the express written permission of the Company.
2.2 DICE® is a registered service mark of the Company. The following are trademarks and/or service marks owned by the Company that are not yet registered in the United States: Tech Jobs Tech Talent ™, Dice.com™, Nobody Gets IT Like Dice™, The IT Career Solutions Company™, dice.com/High tech jobs online™, D&L Online™, Where Tech Connects™, and the Dice logo. All other trademarks and/or service marks used in this Site are the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners. © 1990 - 2023 Dice Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2.3 The Site is owned and operated by Dice in conjunction with other third-parties pursuant to contractual arrangements. Unauthorized use of the materials on the Site may violate copyright, trademark, patent and other laws and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site.
3. Warranty Information; Disclaimer
3.1 THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE RELATED SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LICENSED, PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
3.2 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, DICE INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
3.3 NEITHER DICE INC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, SUPPLIERS NOR AGENTS MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE SITE-RELATED SERVICES.
3.4 DICE INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE (OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH IT IS HOSTED) OR SOFTWARE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
3.5 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SOFTWARE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT OF DICE INC. OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, REGISTERED USERS, OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3.6 You acknowledge that the Site could include inaccuracies, errors, or materials that violate the “Code of Conduct” found in Section 8 below. Additionally, you acknowledge that unauthorized additions, deletions, and alterations could be made by third parties to the Site. Although the Company attempts to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the Site's completeness or correctness. In the event you believe the site to contain inaccuracies or errors, please contact us at mailto:email@example.com with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the Site, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable. For copyright infringement claims, see Section 14 below.
3.7 The Site is only a venue allowing for the posting by employers, recruiters, and staffing agencies of available job opportunities at their companies or companies they represent (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Employers”) and by candidates of their own resumes. The Company does not evaluate or censor the resumes, job listings or other information posted to the Site except to the extent required by law. Moreover, the Company is not involved in the actual employment transaction, if any, between potential Employers and candidates. Therefore, the Company has no control over the quality, safety, or legality of the job postings by Employers or resumes posted to the Site by candidates, the truth or accuracy of such job listings or resumes, the ability of Employers to hire candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings.
3.8 Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, the Company cannot and does not confirm that users are who they claim to be. Because We are not and cannot be involved in user-to-user transactions or control the behavior of the Site's users, in the event that you have a dispute of any kind or nature with one or more Site users, you release Dice Inc. (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and employees, officers, directors and assigns) from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes. You acknowledge that there may be certain risks, including physical harm and dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses, associated with pursuing relationships begun on the Internet. You assume all risks related to dealing with other users with whom you have had contact through the Site.
3.9 You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume, job listing or other material you post to the Site. The Company neither warrants nor guarantees that a resume or job posting will be viewed by any specific number of users, or that a resume or job listing will be viewed by any user. We are not to be considered as an employer with respect to your use of the Site and the Company specifically disclaims any and all responsibility for any employment decisions made by any Employer or any individuals posting resumes to the Site.
4. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER DICE NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AGENTS OR SPONSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE.
This Site may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties, other than affiliates of the Company ("Linked Sites"). We neither control nor endorse such other web sites, nor have we reviewed or approved any content that appears on the Linked Sites. You acknowledge that when you click on a link to visit a Linked Site, a frame may appear that contains the Company logo, advertisements and/or other content selected by the Company. You acknowledge that the Company and its sponsors neither endorse nor are affiliated with the Linked Sites and are not responsible for any content that appears on the Linked Sites. You also acknowledge that the owner of the Linked Site neither endorses nor is affiliated with the Company and its sponsors.
6. Use of Dice Instant Messaging and Connections and Site Features
6.1 You understand and agree that use of the site and its features including Dice Instant Messaging is governed by this Agreement. By utilizing Dice Instant Messaging, you agree that transcripts of your messages may be disclosed to third-party recruiters and potential Employers with whom you converse and may also be used to evaluate and improve Our messaging feature and functionality. Therefore, We recommend that you not share any personal, sensitive, or confidential information via Dice Instant Messaging or other direct messages. By using Dice Instant Messaging and other site features, you agree that the Company does not assume any responsibility for information that you may enter while utilizing the instant messaging tool.
6.2 You understand and agree that use of Dice Connections is governed by this Agreement. By utilizing Dice Connections, you agree that Dice allows auto-approval of Connections, however the user may remove a Connection at any time. Utilization of Connections may also include, but is not limited to, providing updates you make on your profile to your Connections.
7. Void Where Prohibited; Indemnification
7.1 Although the Site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed, referenced, or made available on the Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. We make no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The Company reserves the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any product or service described thereon to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction it so desires at any time and in our sole discretion and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that We provide.
7.2 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Company, our affiliates, sponsors, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, (b) your violation of the Code of Conduct contained herein, and/or (c) your activities and use of the Site or Site-related services including Processing of personal data and any hiring or employment decisions made by you or your company.
8. Code of Conduct
8.1 You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Site and Site-related services.
8.2 While using the Site or Site-related services, you agree not to do any of the following without our prior written authorization:
- Post any inaccurate, untimely, stale, incomplete or misleading information.
- Post any employment opportunity or requirements that are inaccurate or not available with a verifiable company that is directly represented by your office.
- Post any employment opportunities that are not technology-related or are outside a technology-related field or organization.
- Key code (by overuse of a skill set, term or definition within a job posting, profile, resume or otherwise in an effort to gain priority placement of a posting), copy other job postings as your own, post the same position multiple times on the Site or post multiple positions within one posting.
- Place any contact information within a job posting that is different from or in addition to contact information provided when subscribing to the Dice service.
- Post any employment opportunity that does not contain a company URL, e-mail address or "apply online" application.
- Place any content within the job details of a job posting that directs Dice job seekers to apply directly via an email address or any other method that circumvents the Dice "Apply Now" link.
- Resell or make available to any person not expressly licensed by Dice, whether via phone, fax, e-mail, mail or any other medium, any of the Dice services or any information obtained therefrom, including without limitation the Hotlist, resumes or candidate information.
- Share passwords, login information or named user identification or otherwise allow multiple offices or users to access the Dice service on a basis that is other than what was originally subscribed for. A named user is defined as one unique individual user with one unique password. An office is defined as a location where a named user routinely accesses or uses the Dice service under express license from Dice.
- Use any search engine, software, tool, electronic storage or retrieval device, agent or other device or mechanism, including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents (collectively "Devices") that is not approved by Dice to navigate, search or store information from the Site. Approved Devices include those made available by Dice on the Site, or other generally available third-party web browsers, e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or generally available search engines, e.g., Google or Bing.
- Use the Site or any services or information contained therein or obtained therefrom, including any output of information derived from the Site or Dice to directly or indirectly create, train, test, or improve any machine learning, large language or artificial intelligence models or similar or competing products, service or technology (including for research purposes, open source, or any other non-commercial use.).
- Allow job postings or employment requirements to remain posted on the Site for more than 24 hours after they are no longer viable or valid. To the extent that a position is placed on "hold" or is otherwise not available for immediate placement, the posting must be removed from the Site until such time as the position is a viable opening.
- Engage in spamming, flooding, soliciting or mass marketing via e-mail, direct mail, telephone, or otherwise to Dice job seekers or subscribers.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Dice.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, a Dice employee or agent, a user of Dice's services, including a candidate, placement specialist or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Respond to a job listing on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site and services, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site.
- Post or transmit (i) any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information that is not your own accurate resume (i.e., the resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time or part-time basis on his or her own behalf); (ii) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful, or that infringes on our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (iii) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication; (iv) any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; (v) any trade secret of any third party; or (vi) any material, nonpublic information about companies without the authorization to do so.
- Post or transmit any job advertisement or posting that does not comply with applicable law, including, but not limited to, United States federal, state and local laws relating to equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility verification.
- Use the Site for any unlawful commercial, research or information gathering purposes.
- Communicate, send, or place unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings, or other contacts to posting individuals and entities.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site.
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site.
- Link to any page of or material on the Site other than the URL located at http://www.dice.com/.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of the candidates for potential employment by your company.
- Utilize social media aggregation profiles of Dice candidates for any reasons other than possible recruitment and initial contact.
- Use social media aggregation profiles as a factor in determining a candidate's eligibility for employment, retention, or promotion.
- Review profiles of individuals employed by you or have already expressed interest in employment with you outside of the Dice process.
8.2 Dice assumes no responsibility or liability for any personnel selected by your company. Selection, retention or hire of any individual or entity is based solely on your company's investigation, verification, and determination that such hire is suitable for your company's purposes.
8.3 The Company has no obligation to monitor the Site or Site-related services, including any forum, or any materials that you or other third parties transmit or post on to the Site. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Company has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site and Site-related services, including any forum, and the materials you transmit or post, to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to the Site), and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly, to protect itself, its sponsors, its registered users and visitors, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
8.4 The Company reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable, offensive or in violation of this Agreement. The Company also reserves the right to prohibit any user who, in the Company's sole discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or other terms of this Agreement from using the Site and related services. Such prohibition may occur without notice to the user.
9. Compliance with Privacy Laws
Dice and you shall each comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to data privacy and personal data.
10. Restricted Rights Legend
Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to the restriction as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software Clause as DFARS 252.227-7013 and FAR 52.227-19, as applicable. The supplier is Dice Inc., 5745 Raccoon River Drive, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266.
11. Making Purchases
11.2 You agree that all information that you provide to us or any merchant or service provider whose products or services are made available on the Site will be accurate, complete and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases. Moreover, you agree to review and to comply with the terms and conditions of any specific agreement, if any, that you enter into with the merchant and/or service provider in connection with the licensing or purchase of any product or service.
12.1 Because We and Our designees host job boards and other forums found on the Site and elsewhere, We require certain rights in the materials you give us. Therefore, by sending or transmitting to us resources, information, ideas, notes, concepts, trademarks, service marks or other materials (including, but not limited to, job postings) (collectively, "Content"), or by posting such Content to any area of the Site, you grant the Company and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to link to, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), adapt, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform or otherwise use such Content in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you hereby grant the Company permission to display your logo, trademarks and company name on the Site and in press and other public releases or filings. By submitting Content to the Company, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to the Company. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU RETAIN OWNERSHIP OF ANY COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS AND SERVICE MARKS IN ANY CONTENT YOU SUBMIT.
12.2 None of the Content is endorsed by the Company, and the Company cannot and does not make any representations with respect to the truth or reliability of the Content. The Company reserves the right to remove any Content, in whole or in part, from the Site in its sole discretion.
12.3 Communications between the Company and the users of the Site are not confidential.
13. Registration; Use of Secure Areas and Passwords
13.1 Some areas of the Site may require you to register with us. When and if you register, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form and (b) to maintain and update your information (including your e-mail address) to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge that should any information provided by you be found to be untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement with you and restrict you from use of the Site.
13.2 As part of the registration process, your username will be your email address and you will be asked to select a password. In the Company's sole discretion, We may refuse to allow a username that impersonates someone else, may be illegal, may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion.
13.3 You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your password and agree not to distribute, transfer, or resell your use of, or access to, the Site to any third party. If more than one individual wishes to use a single password belonging to a registered user, such registered user must request permission from the Company in writing, it being understood that the Company shall be under no obligation to approve any such request.
13.4 If you are a job seeker who has reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information from the "My Dice" tab of the Site and immediately notifying us of the problem via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13.5 If you are a Customer who has reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly contact Customer Support via email addressed to email@example.com.
13.6 Whether You are a job seeker or a Customer, YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
14. DMCA Notice
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law.
If you have a good faith belief that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, please provide the following written information to the Company’s designated copyright agent:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A direct link to or a full description of location of the infringing material located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to, Attention: Vice President & General Counsel, DHI Group, Inc. 5745 raccoon River Drive, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266.
15.1 This Agreement is entered into in the State of New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, exclusive of its choice of law rules. Each party to this Agreement hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County of New York in the State of New York for any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement, the Site or any Site-related services, and waives any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. In any action to enforce this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees.
15.2 In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Failure of any party to insist upon strict compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or relinquishment of any similar right or power at any subsequent time.
15.3 This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between the parties are expressly canceled.
15.4 This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with prior written consent of the Company. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the use of the Site by a user at any time.
16. Legal Notices
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
- Pricing Information: Current rates for our services may be obtained by calling us at 888-321-3423(DICE) or by sending an e-mail to the Dice Sales Department. We reserve the right to change fees, surcharges, monthly or other periodic subscription fees or to institute new fees at any time as provided in this Agreement.
Complaints: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210