- Microsoft keeps a close partnership with Nokia but adds closer ties to Asian handset makers like Samsung, HTC, and LG Electronics.
- Amazon and HP team up via WebOS.
- Research In Motion becomes an attractive acquisition target, but for whom?
- Sony Ericsson feels pressure to monetize its patents.
- Apple (or someone else) rushes to buy Kodak’s $3 billion worth of imaging patents.
Roundup: Five Possible Results of Googorola Merger
How Will the Mobile Phone Industry Respond to Google/Motorola? The huge news this week was Google’s proposed acquisition of Motorola Mobility, which has pundits speculating about how the highly volatile and competitive mobile business will respond, especially given the current patent wars. Among the possible scenarios: