Synechron is a 20+ year old, privately-held company and one of the leading digital transformation consulting firms focused exclusively on the financial services industry. Our teams work to accelerate digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, insurance companies and other financial services enterprises around the world.
Synechron uniquely delivers more than 200 marquee clients end-to-end digital, consulting and technology capabilities with expertise in wholesale banking, wealth management and insurance as well as emerging technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence (A.I.), and data science. We currently work with nine of the top 10 global banks and many well-known top tier financial services companies whose names we are contractually prohibited from disclosing (but you would instantly recognize their names).
Based in New York, the company has 22 offices around the globe, with over 10,000 employees producing over $650M+ in annual revenue. Our US-based offices include: New York, NY; Piscataway, NJ; Charlotte, NC; Sunrise, FL; Brentwood, TN; and Ashburn, VA.
How Does Synechron Contribute to the FinTech Industry?
At Synechron, we combine innovative ideas with deep financial services acumen (across banks, asset managers, stock exchanges, infrastructure providers, hedge funds, et al.) and insurance business knowledge. We understand the broad financial services industry’s pain points, regulatory requirements, and best practices. We help build real-world solutions to enable firms’ competitive advantages and help them achieve their objectives.
We're innovators, designers, developers, strategists, and multi-disciplined skilled technology experts, and we’re transforming the fintech industry. What’s more, we rely on our ‘Power of 3’ capabilities – digital, consulting and technology expertise -- to deliver end-to-end digitally-forward solutions that solve our clients’ and industries’ complex business problems.
What Differentiates Synechron from Other Companies?
Synechron leverages a dedicated research & development budget toward innovating creative, cost-effective and future-forward solutions that enhance operating efficiencies and enable digitally-driven capabilities for clients. To date, we have ideated, created and deployed eight award-winning Accelerator programs that include 70+ individual solutions in areas such as A.I./data science, including national language processing, machine learning, data analytics, robotic process automation, Internet of Things (IoT), and more. We were also an early industry innovator of blockchain-led technology solutions.
Other proprietarily-developed suites of innovative Accelerator solutions include InsurTech tools for insurance companies, WealthTech tools for relationship/asset managers to utilize for/with customers, RegTech tools to better control the intricacies of regulatory compliance, Digital Ecosystems to co-create value by partnering for customer value chains, and our newest InvestTech Accelerator built to solve challenges facing buy-side companies.
Our now 13 globally located Financial Innovation Labs (‘FinLabs’) serve as innovation hubs that allow for 300+ cross-functional and technical expert team members across our offices to collaborate on next-generation solutions. The innovation continues as clients’ problems are surfaced and articulated, and as clients partner with Synechron to develop proofs of concept and minimum viable products.
Synechron does not believe in cookie cutter solutions, nor do we “sell products.” Even where an industry-specific solution is created and made available broadly, we customize solutions to the unique needs of each client.
Why Should I Consider a Career at Synechron?
That’s easy. We believe in YOU! The individuals we employ not only have the knowledge, skills and abilities we seek, but the personal attributes that drive our ultimate success. At Synechron, we lead, enhance and optimize our business initiatives by embracing core values that include: customer satisfaction, quality execution, excellence, agility and integrity.
We offer a variety of challenging and interesting work and projects across the globe, encourage creative/collaboration among teams, provide inspiring leadership and mentoring opportunities to help grow your career, offer learning & development and upskilling opportunities, offer numerous opportunities for making a difference through corporate citizenship and community/charitable service programs, and we firmly believe in a diverse and inclusive culture. In addition, although COVID-19 has restricted many of our shared activities, we always look for ways to join together as teams and have fun outings, games and activities.
Speaking of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), we have a dedicated commitment to fostering individuality and the benefits of varied perspectives, thinking and living. Our ‘Same Difference’ program includes multiple inclusive DEI initiatives to recognize cultural, lifestyle and background differences, and our employees’ diversity. We partner with DEI-focused organizations, have a ‘The Better ME’ mentoring program, encourage collaborative ‘SyneTribe’ knowledge sharing & project work, sponsor a ‘We Have Your Back’ initiative helping women with IT skills transition back into the workforce after a career hiatus, and more. In addition, Synechron will be participating in Dice’s July 2021 Diversity Career Fair where you can learn more about our inclusionary culture.
Does Synechron Offer Benefits for Employees in the U.S.?
YES! We offer a generous package of pick-and-choose benefits to our US employees that include:
- Health, dental, vision/hearing and life insurance for individuals and family members
- Fully paid holidays, plus earned vacation time and sick days
- A 401(k) retirement plan
- A Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Learning & development opportunities (internal classroom, external and virtual on-demand courses)
- A TransitChek commuter benefit program
- Employee recognition programs, including the monthly Synechron Star Award, and quarterly Synechron Surpass Award
- Well-appointed offices (once we are back)
- Many opportunities to collaborate internally and across global offices, enjoy fun team activities, events and contests, and participate in Corporate Socially Responsible initiatives
Need More Reasons to Join Synechron? We’ve Got 7!
- Power of 3: A wide array of interesting assignments across our lines of business - Digital, Business Consulting, and Technology.
- Culture: Our employee-friendly policies, core values, and ethics lie at the epicenter of our work culture.
- Career Growth: 30% of our employees have stayed with us for seven+ years and experienced significant career growth.
- Training Programs: Our training & development programs revolve around core subjects, as well as personal development.
- Fun at Work: In addition to our project work, we actively seek to develop and improve ourselves. That is why we organize various activities at Synechron that help maintain a collaborative, positive and fun atmosphere.
- Work-Life Balance: We address work-life balance by offering policies and initiatives that are not just employee-friendly, but also focus on employee physical & mental health and well-being.
- Award-winning Employer: We are a multi-year winner of the Best Place to Work and Great Places to Work Employer Awards, and were recently a finalist for the ‘Best Employer’ award in the U.S. FinTech Awards 2021.
What Current U.S. Job Profiles is Synechron Seeking to fill?
As a growing organization, we at Synechron are always looking for ambitious, talented individuals to join our teams and help us drive innovation within financial services. We encourage you to visit our careers page to check out all open positions within our organization, including Java and Python developers, business analysts, QA leads, and cloud engineer roles!