- NSA Needs Geeks in Utah: Despite a job market for IT specialists that seems a little rocky at moments, there’s a huge new opportunity for IT people with the right skills, the will to relocate, and a little discretion. Actually make that a lot of discretion.
- An Inside Look at How Apple Trains Its Geniuses: Who needs certifications for tech support and sales if you can land a gig as an Apple Genius? Gizmodo got its hands on an Apple Genius Training manual and it’s a hoot.
- The Best Way to Hire Software Developers: There are two major mistakes that managers make in hiring software developers. First, they assume that software development is an engineering discipline, and thus they look for engineers. We’ll debunk this notion. Second, they assume that the current skills a candidate has are important. We’ll also demonstrate that this is a sure way to hire the wrong people.
- How to Get Hired by Comcast: Comcast’s Senior Director of Engineering Senior Manager, Recruiting, gave us some insight into what it takes to land a job at one of the company’s IT operations.
- 5 Things to Learn About Computer Science Degrees: Computer science degrees come with a common misconception, which often discourages students from pursuing a degree: They’ll turn you into an isolated code cruncher. That’s not really the case.
This Week's 5 Most Popular Stories
For your reading pleasure, here are the stories most read by your fellow Dice users this week.