- Skittish Microsoft Workers Weigh Their Options: Even before CEO Steve Ballmer released his manifesto detailing the organizational changes he planned for Microsoft, a number of employees were getting ready to bolt.
- Tech Consulting Jobs Gain Strength: Consulting jobs are gaining strength in part because companies remain tentative in hiring full-time workers. That may not change for a while.
- Fate of H-1B Reform Uncertain in the House: Despite the Senate’s passage of a comprehensive immigration reform bill, the debate over guest workers – specifically H-1Bs – is far from over.
- 5 Tech Jobs You Can Get Without a College Degree: The prohibitive cost of a traditional four-year college education — not to mention the recent doubling of interest rates on student loans — may leave some high school grads wondering if there’s another, more affordable path to a technology career. There certainly is, though it’s not nearly as clear-cut.
- 5 Things to Learn About Computer Science Degrees: Computer science degrees come with a common misconception, which often discourages students from pursuing one: They’ll turn you into an isolated code cruncher. That’s not really the case.
This Week's Most Popular Stories
For a hot summer weekend, here are the most popular stories on Dice News this week.