- 78 percent would adjust to a compressed work week.
- 59 percent would accept additional unpaid vacation or up to two weeks of unpaid leave.
- 48 percent would share their job with a co-worker.
- 47 percent would work fewer hours for less pay.
- 41 percent would change their employment status from a full-time to contractor.
- 41 percent are willing to work the same amount of hours while taking a pay cut.
- 31 percent would take an unpaid sabbatical of one month or longer.
- Only 5 percent would prefer a layoff over the above.
Did I hear someone say American workers aren't flexible?
-- Sonia Lelii