Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD) is the new leader in developing and manufacturing custom System-on-Chip (SOC) solutions for peripheral data storage devices, which include hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state-drives (SSDs). The SoC solution integrates the Read/Write Channel, disk controller functions, microprocessor(s) and memories, and servo processing for HDD application on a single chip.
Link_A_Media Devices provides the most leading-edge and advanced infrastructure and support for developing and manufacturing such SoC chips, including:
- * Leading-edge CMOS process technologies
- * New class of powerful data recovery methods
- * High-speed/Low-power open microprocessor sub-systems
- * State-of-the-art cache memory technology
- * IP blocks to support standard host interfaces
- * Proven design flow and methodology
- * Custom and semi-custom physical design
- * Unmatched DFM flow and techniques
- * Worldwide delivery logistics
With its unmatched data recovery technologies, Link_A_Media Devices custom SoC solutions deliver the highest areal densities, highest drive yields, and lowest power consumption. Those advantages enable hard disk drive (HDD) and solid-state drive (SSD) OEMs to continue to meet the growing demand for fast and low-cost data storage worldwide in consumer, computing, and storage networking applications.