By Light Professional IT Services, Inc. (By Light)
is an ISO 9001:2008 registered and certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that provides a full range of hardware and software engineering services to defense, civilian, and commercial customers worldwide. Driven by a management team that leverages real-world expertise from the defense, intelligence, federal healthcare, and commercial sectors, we provide reliable, efficient, and cost-effective IT solutions to each customer, every time.
Founded in 2002 by industry professionals with extensive knowledge in the Department of Defense and experience in the civilian arenas, we have the unique advantage of meeting customer requirements by integrating best commercial practices with critical real-world expertise to design innovative solutions that bridge the gap between legacy and emerging technologies.
Some of our successes include:
- Completion of 80+ Global Information Grid Bandwidth Expansion (GIG-BE) sites both CONUS & OCONUS. Provided Optical Network Engineering, Implementation, & Project Control Worldwide.
- Provided timely completion of ATM to IP Migration, Legacy Network Optimization, & VOIP Implementation of 47 CONUS Sites for the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) SCAMPI Network.
- Supporting the AMC CIO/G6 in the Depot Modernization Program, implementing CONUS wide 802.11/a/b/g/n wireless networks, Area Processing Center Migration, DISN Optimization, and a 40,000 user, enterprise-wide SharePoint Implementation.
- Completion of 2,000 Plus Legacy Circuit Migrations to DISN Transport for DISN Transition Program.
- Delivered Communications Support & Staff Augmentation for Deployed DoD Forces under the Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems Technology Applications Office (PEO EIS TAO).
- Successful Implementation of Secure Intelligent Video Systems (IVS) for the Intelligence Community.
- Supporting major international carriers in the modernization and expansion of Data Center Facilities.
- Engineering new Turnkey Cloud Services, including Hosting, Managed Services, COOP, and Data Storage and Archival.