Sr. Business Analyst (Reporting and Visualization)
Location: Hybrid of remote and onsite in Denver, CO (partial onsite 3 days onsite/month 2 nd week of each month, Tuesday Thursday and then the rest of the time, remote)
Looking for local candidates to Denver, CO.
Contract Duration 12 months with possibility of an extension
We are seeking a Sr. Business Analyst who is familiar with information technology solutions to support our client's Visualization and Enterprise reporting efforts. This Sr. Business Analyst will be supporting our client's Business Intelligence lane which delivers projects that include enterprise reporting and data warehousing. The BA will be responsible for working with business users and technical staff to gather business requirements and deliver data to be used for analytics and reporting solutions (example building Cognos reports, etc.) . This professional will focus on understanding the business needs of our client's customers. This BA will analyze and translate business and clinical user needs, observations, and expertise, then design an IT solution to enhance steady state and/or build a new product. The ideal candidate will have experience with visualization and enterprise reporting project support experience. The candidate will be familiar with, adhere to, and enforce software development life cycle best practices.
- Design IT solutions to meet the business strategic goals by eliciting requirements from product managers, product directors, product owners, UX teammates, business SMEs, development and QA leads, and executive leadership.
- Create and update requirements artifacts such as Solution Requirements Specifications, use cases, screen layouts, process flows, functional and non-functional requirements, and other design artifacts as needed.
- Ensuring each artifact complies with quality standards set out by the Requirements Team leadership, and for conducting and facilitating requirements review sessions to ensure understanding across business and IT groups.
- Responsible for maintaining the requirements through the life of the project, and raising awareness with mitigating strategies when issues arise that may impact budget or timelines.
- Lead Joint Application Design (JAD) and Kaizen sessions for the purpose of collecting and defining the business and functional requirements required to properly design a product.
- Lead and facilitate interactions between clinical teams, business system end-users and technical teams, such as requirement gathering and crafting sessions, solution design sessions, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), post-deployment feedback sessions, and status meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between the delivery teams that are engaged in implementing the solution and the business partners that will be using the solution, as well as interact daily with development engineers, QA analysts.
- Provide additional leadership to projects that are extra-sensitive or highly complex and by assisting in routing work and filling in gaps where needed.
- Review and provide feedback for training materials and product communications developed by the launch and training teams. Conduct train-the-trainer and demo sessions as needed for trainers, helpdesk/support teams, and business partners.
- Support production deployments by ensuring a smooth delivery with communication to product management and product owners in the event of any deployment issues.
- Conduct validation on deployed functionality to ensure everything is working as expected immediately after a production deployment, and coordinate business partner validation of deployed functionality during a production release.
- Coach other Client on proper approach to crafting and assembling requirements documentation, provide feedback via peer reviews, and act as a resource for other Client in the event the manager of the team is unavailable.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics, or other relevant degree
- Senior Business Analyst with a minimum of 5 years of truly focusing on BA support
- Consultative approach to gathering business requirements (needs to be able to go above and beyond just "taking orders on requirements)
- Excellent writing skills (spelling and grammar with excellent use of the English language)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead a project form a business requirements perspective
- Exuding the skill, experience, and confidence to work with multiple stakeholders
- Experience writing all types of requirements for software application s
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle using iterative methodologies
- Large project support experience
- Experience supporting a project through to its completion from launch through support phases
- Proven ability to manage one's projects/multiple projects
- Ability to bridge Gap between Business and IT
- Healthcare Information systems or Healthcare revenue cycle and/or clinical user experience highly preferred
- Experience serving as a BA for Enterprise Reporting related initiatives
- Visualization expertise (supporting projects focused on dashboards, reporting, trending, and having an understanding on how to show trends over time)
- Understanding how trend chards are used and how/why they are used
- Experience working with Database
- Skilled in writing data queries
- Data mapping expertise
- Solid experience in SQL and having the ability to query databases/tables and look at data to find gaps, etc.
- Expert in preparing Business Cases, Gap Analysis (AS IS TO BE)
- Skilled in writing BRD's and FRD's (with a heavy emphasis on Functional Requirements)
- UAT experience and running UAT (helping coordinate the efforts)
- Skilled in writing test cases and working with the Business
- Combination of experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in working with MS Visio and Excel
- Skilled in working with various BI Tools such as Cognos is a "plus
Required Soft Skills:
- Looking for self-starter
- Motivated person who is a "go getter
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to grasp complex clinical and business requirements and processes and document them effectively.
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to conceptualize a system in terms of both data/object model and application flows.
- Strongly skilled in the process of requirements elicitation, investigation, and ability to apply critical thinking in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptionally skilled in the following areas:
- Communicating in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings, both face-to-face and with remote attendees, with demonstrated ability to clearly state objectives and accomplish meeting objectives.
- Coordinating sensitive conversations amongst stakeholders with differing viewpoints, and ability to bring those groups into a commonly understood alignment.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills, with supervisory experience preferred