Senior Electrical Engineer, Hybrid working from Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus, or Detroit. (JR-18014)
Fortune Brands is changing how we interact with water and looking for exceptional people to bring our new and innovative vision to life. Our IoT products allow consumers to interact with water in new and unique ways. Can you design for water?
At Fortune Brands, you will be responsible for electrical hardware design and cross-disciplinary collaboration for various digital and IoT-connected products. We have an exciting roadmap of digital products ahead, allowing our group to expand.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams on the design and development of new products from concept to production.
- Simulate electrical hardware circuits to validate design concepts.
- Use PC CAD software for schematic capture and board layout, creating library parts as needed.
- Help support PC CAD software and implement best practices to maximize product development.
- Support quality testing by reviewing test plans and providing necessary information to support the development of robust tests.
- Support Design For Assembly (DFA)/ Design For Manufacturing (DFM) to ensure hardware manufacturability and help develop, deploy, and support production test processes during development.
- Provide support to resolve design problems in existing products.
- Participate in agile sprints to track, prioritize, and communicate work assignments to keep projects on schedule and manage technical risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Research advanced technologies and identify opportunities for IP protection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product development or related roles is required. A minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with PC CAD and circuit simulation tools.
- Experience with potting and conformal coating technologies and techniques to protect electronics in wet and corrosive environments is preferred.
- Experience working with motors and various transducers to gather and react to data from the environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with wireless communication standards, including Wifi, Bluetooth, and Cellular, is preferred.
- A good understanding of PC board manufacturing processes to aid in making informed design decisions.
Most preferred skills and experience needed:
- EMI testing
- PCB Layout
- Analog Experience
- Fielding of products
Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) is built on industry-leading brands and innovation within our operating segments: Plumbing, Cabinets, Doors and Security. We have an impressive track record of strong financial results, market outperformance and growth, which translates into career and professional growth opportunities for associates. Please visit our website at fbhs.com to learn more.