Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Hybrid in Tampa, FL- 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH.
• Three (3) + years’ experience in Accounts Receivable and/or Collections is required.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) – ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner to ensure positive impact is required.
• Intermediate financial analytical skills is required (ability to utilize AR systems and statements; ability to calculate/understand customer’s balance, assess risk and make recommendations for execution).
• Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal organizations (i.e., Field Sales, Contracting, Order Management, etc.) is required.
• Working knowledge of required systems: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AR, etc.).
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills is required.
• SAP is preferred.
This position is responsible for the proactive investigation, analysis and collection of aged outstanding accounts receivables. The position will need to partner with accounts, sales internal/external customers to obtain optimal working relationship. Analyze trends (and causal drivers) to understand customer’s payment patterns, identify root cause issues and implement processes to eliminate barriers to payment.
• Proactive Portfolio Account Management (invoice to collection activities) -- to include aged accounts receivable collections, claims identification, resolution, credit hold process, offsetting, overpayment, duplicate deductions, write-offs (based on approved limits), releasing customer held orders (suspensions), customer chargebacks and all other discrepancies that occur on customer invoices.
• Makes some decisions regarding credit extensions and implemented; customer correspondence (internal/external), via fax and e-mail and customer phone calls to minimize past due receivables and build a favorable financial relationship with the customer.
• Employ collection techniques as needed to secure payment from customers.
• This may include an analysis of the data/trends, root cause identification and collaborate with key stakeholders to create appropriate action plans to remove barriers to payment.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements that will increase efficiency of workflow through the department and/or work towards achieving the goal of the department (reduction in DSO, improved customer satisfaction, cost reduction, risk mitigation, compliance).
• Customer risk identification, where possible.
• Demonstrate proactive risk management by utilizing AR systems/statements, calculate and understand customer’s balances, assess risk and make recommendations to management for company intervention/execution.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A3225.