Seeking a Senior IT Manager for Project Portfolio Management for an exciting and challenging direct hire employment opportunity. In this highly collaborative role, you will be responsible for covering all aspects of IT System delivery from project idea to go-live. You and your team will work closely with the IT organization and business partners serving as an "air traffic controller" for IT leadership delivering value through programs and projects.
Responsibilities begin with the annual demand planning cycle gathering insight into business priorities for IT globally from the broad team of systems and resource managers within the Infrastructure and Applications organizations. Responsible also for establishing practices, templates, policies, tools within the organization. The role also manages coordination and facilitation of the IT Intake process ensuring process alignment to the Global IT Acceptable Use Policy. Responsibilities also include management of software application code for releases into production and lower environments but excludes production support.
- Responsible for Strategic Annual Planning, Demand Management, Financials, Capital Planning, Budgeting.
- Serve as a liaison between the IT leader and other key stakeholders, including senior leaders, business units, and external partners, and drive the implementation of effective demand management processes to ensure that IT resources are aligned with the needs of the business.
- Ensure investment optimizations in business-enabling systems, data and technology in full alignment with company strategy and goals and ensure the expected value is realized.
- Actively manage the magnitude, pace and timing of the technology-enabled change the organization is pursuing.
- Create full visibility to all technology-enabled business initiatives throughout their full lifecycle.
- Ensure optimization of investment, resources and time through strategic alignment.
- Direct the annual IT Demand Management process ensuring completeness and accuracy for the requested project portfolio including budget assumptions.
- Provide leadership, coordination and management of the project portfolio processes, standards and best practices.
- Establish and maintain the software solution to support the process, including reporting capabilities.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the IT Intake process / team aligned with the IT Global Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- Act as a leadership escalation point for non-conformant requests and scenarios.
- Conduct portfolio reviews with Governance Board and provide reporting on overall performance of the portfolio.
Program and Project Management Methodology and Governance
- Establish and implement a Project Management Framework, governance practices, and methodologies.
- Establish, manage and improve practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Central hub for project management best practices, standards, tools and processes.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset within teams, processes and tools.
Release and Change Management
- Govern projects and other changes within IT organization as they flow through Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the application Release Management processes / team aligned with the IT SOX requirements as well as established IT practices and policies.
- Manage and provide oversight for the PMO interactions with Test Managers, Development Managers, IT Operations and various Program workstreams.
- Team management responsibility for the processes of scheduling, coordinating and management of releases for application updates related to projects and programs.
- Must be able to travel as required (approx. 25% travel).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong leadership experience and ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- 8+ years of IT program or portfolio management experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an ERP project environment.
- Experience in waterfall, agile as well as hybrid project methodologies
- Experience establishing project management framework, governance practices, and methodologies.
- Expertise and experience in resource coordination and effective delegation.
- Experience using project portfolio tool sets.
- Demonstrated experience to partner with stakeholder, business process owner and sponsors.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Technical skills with various software PPM like Planview, ServiceNow or comparable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Project Management, or equivalent, required.
- PMP Certification required.
- Certification in one or more process improvement disciplines highly desired.