HEALTHCARE PAYER PROJECT MANAGER
ALTA IT Services has a 100% remote ongoing, contract to hire opening for a Healthcare Payer Project Manager to support a Maryland-based health insurance customer.
The role plans, organizes, and manages large scale or complex health insurance related projects for successful delivery of objectives, on time and within budget. Initiates, engages, and motivates cross-functional teams to deliver results. Identifies and mitigates risk and escalates as needed. Tracks progress and drives documentation to support project needs. Ensures end to end leadership for implementations, integration, business readiness and communications.
- Plans and initiates project resources for healthcare payer related projects. The role may prepare budgets, monitors progress, tracks schedule and mitigates risks. Sequences complex initiatives from start to finish.
- Provides end to end project management support in terms of reporting, project deliverable tracking and documentation. Acts as a liaison across all areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress, and completion of projects. Coordinates issues, internally and externally, when necessary, to promote accurately represented information.
- Provides direction and motivation to project teams in a matrixed environment. Drives outcomes by fostering a collaborative culture. Manages relationships with key stakeholders, including management and vendors. Leads the execution of the project.
- Evaluates implications of existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/regulations using critical and creative thinking and recommends improvements.
- Performs mid-level advisory consulting work and provides strategic focus. Effectively conveys the big picture and alignment with corporate goals.
- Synthesizes complex topics and project statuses into executive level presentations and influences decision making.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization. Liaisons with IT and translates business needs into technology related action plans.
- Works with minimal direction toward predetermined long-range goals. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired results. Takes calculated risks.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Constructs and may pursue alternative paths towards a solution. Exercises judgment in selecting method, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results consistent with broadly defined policies and practices. Problem/Task resolution timeframe: Inclusive of shorter timeframes, but typically six to twelve months or more to resolve.
- Represents the organization as the primary contact. Interacts with management and senior value-chain partners on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Achievement of objectives requires ability to influence others both internally and potentially externally.
TOP 5 MANDATORY SKILLS
- Proactivity and planning
- Documentation - SOP creation, maintenance
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Time Management, Handling multiple/concurrent tasks
- Analytical, problem solving
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Education Details: Project Management, Business, or related field
- Experience: 5 years as a project manager or experience as a team lead
- Experience managing large budgets would be very helpful
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
HOURLY RATE: $45/hr. Benefits available CONVERSION SALARY: $87,500 annually, plus excellent benefit package
For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services.
ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor