Title: Data Center Engineer (Data Center Manager with PMP Certification)
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Data Center Engineer.
Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
- The Data Center Engineer is responsible for implementing large scale projects that entails renovating multiple data centers throughout NAFTA.
- The Data Center Engineer will evaluate data center electrical systems, products, and components to understand where all risks are present.
- Once all risks are identified, create a multiple year project that entails mitigating electrical and mechanical risks to the data centers.
- The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for initial identification, project creation, project design, project budget, and project implementation.
- Experience in development of MOPs/SOP/EOPs for carrying out systems operations.
- The Data Center Engineer must provide electrical, mechanical, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards for all corporate data
- The Data Center Engineer has and understanding of industrial/commercial electrical one-line drawings along with understanding State and Local Code requirements.
- The job responsibilities encompass a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management: project planning, cost management, time management, quality and safety management, and contract administration.
- The Data Center Engineer must be able to manage multiple large-scale projects that require communication across many different IT departments. Assist other data center engineers with break fix incidents.
- The Data Center Engineer is on call 24 x 7 in a rotation order.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or IT required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in facilities infrastructure.
- Must understand As-Built drawings and electrical and mechanical operations of a Data Center.
- Knowledge of various data center technologies and a strong understanding of high-availability data centers.
- Understanding of network design principles.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in budget/finance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints
- Master's degree
- UST and AST Certification
- PMP Certification
- Capable of leading design and planning sessions including leading the collection of business requirements, determining the scope of the project, and aligning business needs with the appropriate technology.
- Exceptional program/project management track record.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp business goals, strategies, and challenges.
- Proven ability to multi-task is critical, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong conflict management skills.Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times
Data Center Engineer (Data Center Manager with PMP Certification) position is based at Auburn Hills, Michigan. A great opportunity to experience the corporate environment leading personal career growth.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda – vasavi.konda(.@)stgit.com and/or contact @(Two-Four-Eight) Seven- One-Two – Six-Seven-Two-Five (. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name - Data Center Engineer (Data Center Manager with PMP Certification).
For more information about STG, please visit us at