At Ascensus, technology is more than just a solution. It powers the business that helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. Our technology experts tackle exciting challenges in collaborative teams, but work in an environment where individual and career development is always valued. Technology associates leverage their talents and passion, building new and innovative platforms, creating programs founded in automation in agile frameworks, and driving existing and new markets—all of which supports the rapid growth of a dynamic industry leader.
As a Senior Mobile Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy cross-functional Scrum team responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by both iOS and Android operating systems. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are responsive, robust and easy to maintain using best mobile development practices in the industry today coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are building high performing agile teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by continuously releasing quality software with?user-centered design.? Key expectations of this role include a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product along with a curiosity about new mobile technologies.? ? ?
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build applications for the iOS and Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Create responsive front end mobile application interfaces per design guidelines and information architecture
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and back-end developers to deliver the business vision with improved user experience
- Optimize application for maximum performance
- Define mobile development best practices and mentor peers accordingly
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Support people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always? should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
? ? ?
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Proficient understanding of?building Native UI with Storyboards
- Proficient understanding?of Java and Angular application development?
- Proficient understanding?iOS SDK's and frameworks?
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple?s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture, Web services, API Integration, and Restful Services
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), DevOps engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
- Strong problem solving skills
Nice to Have Skills
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Basic understanding of object-oriented design principles (patterns, MVC, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Working experience with?MySQL,?Ngnix, Redis, Ionic
- Experience in open source development ?
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience?publishing apps
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all virtual remote positions, in order to ensure associates can effectively perform their job duties with no distractions, we require an uninterrupted virtual work space and there is also an expectation of family care being in place during business hours. Additionally, there is an internet work speed requirement of 25 MBps or better for individual use. If more than one person is utilizing the same internet connection in the same household or building, then a stronger connection is required. If you are unsure of your internet speed, please check with your service provider. Note: For call center roles specifically, it is a requirement to either hardwire your equipment directly to the internet router or ensure your workstation is in close proximity to the router. Please ensure that you are able to meet these expectations before applying.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.