The IT testing/QA leader will report to the Manager, IT Governance and Relationship. This individual will champion the implementation and management of IT quality assurance methodologies, processes, and systems. This leader will establish the IT quality standards and benchmarks for the organization and lead the development of a testing and quality assurance competency for software delivery at Orora including improving the efficiency of testing processes by leveraging automation.
Locations: Buena Park, Ca - Hybrid (or can be remote CA, AZ, TX.)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with IT and business teams to define and execute on an overall testing strategy for all systems/applications
- Design/build QA Testing capabilities focusing on Enterprise Application Release Testing, Project Implementation Testing, and custom product development QA acceptance testing.
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data and data validation including test results to ensure that every phase and installed feature of products implemented/built are tested and that any potential issues are identified and fixed before the solution goes live.
- Evaluate and document results of manual and automated tests into executive reports and any release notes.
- Work with the product and business teams to replicate issues and application use cases when required.
- Develop and implement an improved and repeatable process for defect tracking, logging, reporting, and trend analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement in automated testing coverage to lower the cost of test execution and regression
- Analyze metrics to spot trends and opportunities for process improvements and to set targets for the teams to measure our overall progress
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative quality metrics, analysis and risks to stakeholders
- Experience with automation processing testing
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-5 years experience in both leading a Quality Assurance team, as well as hands-on experience in a QA role.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance processes, best practices and methodologies,
- Experience with SAP ERP, BI, java based software and SAAS applications
- Ability to meet with business partners to understand their needs and testing challenge.
- Experience working within standard Agile methodologies, including, but not limited to, Scrum and Kanban.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize both your own and your team's workload.
- Experience developing and maintaining formal test documentation and reports including quality assurance metrics.
- Good understanding of performance testing (load and stress)
- Experience writing and managing test plans, test cases, and automated scripts
- Experience with defect tracking and resolution tools
- Test automation experience using multiple automation tools.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Demonstrated experience building or participating in the build of an automation testing framework
- Experience as a B/A would be helpful: working with product owners, writing requirements, user stories, development stories