We are seeking a Security Analyst/SOC Tier 2 job role. Please apply with your most recent resume.
Title: Security Analyst/SOC Tier 2
Locations: Fully Remote
Duration: 12 months+
- Tier 2 SOC Analysts are also responsible for researching, responding to, and creating tickets within the
- ticketing system.
- Tier 2 Analysts are responsible for:
- Determining service impact of security events.
- Alerting customers to possible malicious activity.
- Working tickets via ticketing system.
- Creating tickets for various needs of the SOC.
- Research and data collection of events of interest.
- Engaging support of Tier 3 Analysts, Network Operations Center (NOC), Network Engineers and/or
- the CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) when necessary.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Security Incident Response, Security Operations Center, and/or threat
- analysis experience.
- Demonstrated experience using either an enterprise and/or cloud Security SIEM technologies as an
- Ability to support and work across multiple customer and bespoke systems.
- Receive and analyze security alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine
- possible causes of such alerts.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous
- activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets (indications
- and warnings).
- Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools
- in response to new or observed threats within the network environment or enclave.
- Assists in developing cybersecurity recommendations to Tier 3 based on significant threats and
- Work security tickets within established SLAs and escalate to Customer or Tier 3 as needed, establish
- false positive, or contact customer as needed.
Zahid H Ansary
Zahid H Ansary