- Please Note: You must include a portfolio in your app
- The client is seeking a Network Monitoring Platform Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified candidate will develop, support, and maintain network monitoring process. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
- Develop PERL Script using REST or SOAP API interface
- Design and implement data and systems integrations with network monitoring product such as Zabbix or Cacti
- Configure monitoring for Windows servers using Windows WMI and WinRM protocols
- Utilize network performance tools detect network performance problems.
- Make changes/update to network monitoring tool to reflect the current state of the enterprise IT infrastructure
- Upgrade Existing VMware environments to the latest versions
- Install VMWare, on to the new and existing servers.
- Create, integrate, validate, evaluate, and test new or existing JAVA, PHP, and CSS scripts for network management and monitoring product.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve VMWare Operating System-based issues from Performance to Configuration
- Backing up and Protecting VMware environments using platform-specific tools
- Implement monitoring solution utilizing SMNP protocol
- Work with networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc., Network Management tools, such as Cisco Prime, and event message formats, such as SNMPv3 Traps, SYSLOG, and Log-Files.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Develop and support of the Zabbix monitoring platform
- Maintaining current Zabbix installation
- Maintaining Zabbix user interface and dashboard display
- Perform product updates, upgrades and apply patches to the application and the underlying platform
- Working with different service owners to logically group individual data points into actionable categories
- Proactively identifying gaps within the monitoring solution and remediating those gaps
- Working with service owners to filter irrelevant data and alerts
- Manage and work in a UNIX operating system and services environment.
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management.
- Notify Government representative of issues involving performance of the application and operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the federal client programs have appropriate levels of security in place to separate (air gap) federal client data. Ensure that federal client data is not compromised on the client systems. Enforce all HIPAA compliance requirements on all the client-owned assets. Harden the client systems appropriately to ensure all security requirements are enforced. Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process
Please Note: Client is looking for candidates to be local to the Maryland area.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor?s degree and 5 years of relative experience, Masters degree and 1 years of relative experience, or 9 years of relative experience in a related IT field in lieu of a degree
- 5 years of experience/understanding of the Windows WMI and WinRM protocols
- 5 years of experience creating reports with the Zabbix or Cacti
- 5 years of experience with PERL Script development using API interface
- 5 years of experience using software version control systems such as Subversion
- 5 years of experience in design and implementation of data and systems integrations with Zabbix
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration
- Should have strong networking knowledge of networking devices such as routers, switches (Cisco Systems)
- Should have strong system administration experience (Windows and Linux).
- Should have strong requirements planning and project implementation skills and be able to work with internal technical staff and outside contractors to deliver results.
- A broad understanding in systems, networking and network monitoring administration
- Proven ability to successfully plan, develop and execute technology solutions.
- Experience implementing best-practice processes and procedures.Hands-on experience creating queries using regular expressions and Boolean logic
- Has actively acted as the point person for critical issues that affect the server and storage infrastructure for the network monitoring platform.
- Experience/understanding of SNMP protocol, ability to perform MIB analysis and configure SNMP trap parsing and SNMP table polling.
- Experience with instrument monitoring to detect network performance problems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Cisco IOS and be able to perform configuration changes on network devices.
- Zabbix Administration.
- Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Prior federal client experience is a plus