Senior Linux Administrator
Salary: $120k-$130k + bonus
Location: Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX
Hybrid: 3 days on-site, 2 days remote
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized servers
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps
- Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
- Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS / Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform.
- Experience with DevOps activities and using CICD pipeline software to deploy code
- Working knowledge of cloud components and services in AWS or Azure.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers.
- Create and Patch AMIs, perform pull requests, write Automation code using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Perform Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation and support.
- Use your infrastructure and networking knowledge to maintain cloud-based infrastructure (predominantly on AWS) involving EC2, S3, RDS & VPC.
- Use configuration management tools (primarily Ansible and Terraform) to build and maintain a hybrid infrastructure hosted both at colocation facilities and in the public cloud.