We are currently assisting our client, a mission-oriented, data-driven organization in Bellevue, WA, with their search for a Data Team Manager.
Duration: Fulltime placement
Location: Bellevue, WA. Candidates must be willing to work onsite in office 2-3 days per week.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
The Data Team Manager is a key member of our core technology team. This role will mentor and guide more Data & Machine Learning Engineers, and collaborate with the CTO and a growing team of committed professionals.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Guide the vision and roadmap for the team, prioritize the most impactful analysis, and guide the team in solving ambiguous and complex problems.
- Partner to develop strategy and support leadership as the Engineering Team’s “data advocate,” prioritizing what to build and setting goals for execution.
- Drive analytics projects end-to-end in partnership with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy.
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of Data & Machine Learning Engineers.
- Solve complex business problems for the organization, leveraging conventional and new age data sources and applying cutting-edge advanced analytics techniques.
The Ideal Candidate Required Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in data science or analytics roles.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership or management role managing data professionals including data analysts, data engineers, and machine learning engineers.
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining data pipeline, data platform, and data warehouse architectures.
- Experience identifying data-related process improvements and building tools that enable data science activities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Information Management) with a specific emphasis on data.
- Experience in Python, R, SQL, and Scala, and machine learning libraries like Pandas and PyTorch.
- Experience with big data tools like Spark and Kafka.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Intelligent Data Platform and services like Azure Synapse Analytics and Microsoft Purview.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.