- Event Management
- Network Operations
- Network Operations Center
- Service Improvement
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Continual Service
Tucker-Rose Associates (TRA) is seeking a Major Incident Management Specialist who provides coordinated support for the management and control of major incident process components to include the core outage reporting process, documentation, training, investigation, and quality control
- Working at part of the DHA Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) this individual will work with a broader team of Major Incident Management professionals to provide rapid support and facilitation of troubleshooting efforts for outages affecting any Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) supported by the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
- Collaborate with Event Management, Problem Management, Incident Management, Service Reporting, DHA Infrastructure and Operations support teams, DISA, DMDC, NIWC, Coast Guard, VA, PMO application owners, and vendor support teams to facilitate a rapid return to service for any IT services impacting the delivery of healthcare to the MTFs.
- Responsible for facilitating and completing actions within a Continual Service Improvement Plan for the Major Incident Management process.
- Responsible for major incidents assigned to ensure end to end ownership and accountability.
- Responsible for tracking a clearly defined timeline during major incident events.
- Ensure close links are maintained with Problem Management ensuring problems are raised as appropriate following major incidents.
- Work closely with Event Management (monitoring) teams to understand event alerts and establish a defined service restoration response.
- This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor’s Degree (High School Diploma and equivalent technical experience and certifications may be used in lieu of BS/BA degree)
- 3+ years of related job experience; 8+ years without BS/BA degree
- 3+ years’ experience with managing critical incidents within a Call Center environment.
- Experience creating and delivering executive summary and after-action reports.
- Knowledge of ITILv3/v4 processes and experience with the ITSM solution
- Demonstrated problem coordination and root cause determination skills
- Demonstrated skills in understanding system/solution architectures to break out key services to identify Configuration Items (Cis) and related services that could be impacted during a service interruption.
- Be able to work on shifts (or on call) as necessary to support the 24x7 GNOC mission
- Have or able to obtain a successful ADP II Public Trust or Secret Investigation adjudication
- Have or able to obtain requisite DoD 8570 certifications
- ITILv3 or V4 Foundations Certification (Preferred)
- Experience with federal contracting, including the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Candidates must comply with all federal COVID-19 related vaccination and testing requirements, including, but not limited to, those set out in Executive Order 14042