End User Support Specialist – IN OFFICE 5 DAYS PER WEEK
Downtown Chicago (LOOP)
IN OFFICE 5 DAYS PER WEEK
1 year with option to extend
8 AM – 5 PM
Phone, In Person Interview, Offer
About Our Client:
Our client is a global investment management firm.
Our client is seeking a Chicago-based End User Support Specialist to join our End User Support Team.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES SOMEONE TO WORK IN OUR CLIENT’S OFFICE DOWNTOWN CHICAGO 5 DAYS PER WEEK.
The End User Support (EUS) organization is responsible for end-user technology, workplace technology, and corporate systems. EUS is a face-to-face client-focused organization that works closely with all Global Technology counterparts, as well as the business to deliver enterprise-wide products, services, and support. The team works closely with others within the GT organization including Workplace Engineering, Mobility, Remote Access, Citrix, Audio/Visual, IT Product Management, Service Desk, ITSM, and others. EUS is a global organization of 20+ members located across 8the globe and reports to the Head of Infrastructure Services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for educating, instructing, and supporting staff on all enterprise and workspace technology used at our client. The candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with the business staff and management while collaborating with other staff and groups to provide support and knowledge to users. This is a client-facing role which will have daily interaction with staff across all businesses for the Chicago office including senior and executive management.
- Act as a trusted advisor for business and technology teams serving as the conduit for all technology-related matters.
- Provide day-to-day end-user support supporting ongoing firm high-touch efforts (VDI, Office 365, Mobility, Citrix remote access)
- Day to Day responsibility for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager platform in delivering Desktop Configuration Management
- Primary responsibility for AV support (Zoom meetings, events, webinars)
- Deliver individual and group technology training sessions. Epitomize best practices for new and existing hardware and software technology releases. Train new hires on technologies required for their role.
- Understand the evolving technology needs of the business units in the offices/floors of support. Provide custom technology-based solutions for the business as needed.
- Respond to and proactively address employees’ technology questions regarding computer systems, telecommunication devices, and software programs. Ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Utilize existing IT management systems (ServiceNow, Configuration Management, Change Control, etc.) to manage the delivery of services. If necessary, coordinate resolution with other teams and vendors and ensure follow-up.
- Perform ordering, installation, maintenance, and inventory of physical computers, thin clients, virtual machines, and related hardware and software. Perform moves/adds/changes for all desktop and telephone hardware as needed. Asset management for all components in Service Now
- Review daily metrics for problem and incident activities using IT management systems (ServiceNow and Request system).
- Coordinate efforts with staff from other technology departments. Act as liaison between the staff and these various groups. Communicate technology changes and needs to all parties
- Stay apprised of new technologies and trends in the technology industry, with a view to providing more comprehensive technology-related services to our colleagues. Act as a technology information resource for the staff and management.
- Consistently document knowledge for customer and internal reference
- Maintain a disposition toward continual growth and professional development
This role will be responsible for the delivery, adoption, and support of all end-user and workplace technology at the Chicago office. These include, but are not limited to, the desktop computing environment (PC, Mac, Citrix VDI, Igel thin clients, FSLogix, Ivanti, Office 365, Azure, Windows, and MacOS, etc.) mobile and BYOD devices (M365 Mobile, iOS, Android, Chromebooks, etc.), communication and collaboration tools (Zoom, MS Teams, WebEx, etc.), Market Data / OMS (Bloomberg, FactSet, Aladdin, Charles River, etc.), telephony, and all desktop software. The role will work with users from all business units.
What makes this role unique or interesting? This role is business aligned and provides the opportunity to be closely involved with every aspect of the business and Global Technology. It requires a deep understanding of how technology enables our business.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. 5+ related experience, preferably in the Financial Service industry, but an exceptional candidate outside this parameter will be considered. Proven track record of supporting demanding, high-energy users in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills in a professional corporate environment. Strong executive presence and high energy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong business and technical writing skills. Experienced in delivering technical training.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management practices. Experience in using ITSM programs and the use of ServiceNow.
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical/ creative problem-solving, and analytical ability.
- Strong knowledge of end-user computing environment (M365, VDI, Thin Clients, Mobility, Print)
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of CIFS folder redirection, Distributed File System (DFS), folder and file permissions, and shares.
- Knowledge of Market Data applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Active Roles interface
- Knowledge of video conferencing solutions (Zoom, Teams, WebEx)
- Knowledge of Tableau, Confluence, and SharePoint preferred
- Knowledge of Python and MATLAB preferred