What does a great Privileged Access Engineer do?
The Privileged Access Engineer works under the Director of Privileged Access Management Services to plan, conduct and establish a functional vision for PAM assignments. The engineer possesses extensive knowledge related to Privileged Access and is primarily responsible for Lifecycle of a Privileged Access ecosystem under the Director’s direction along with other team members. This is a critical role for the client.
This engineer identifies and recommends changes in procedures, processes and scope of delivery. He/she will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of privileged access security controls to the completion of complex assignments. The ability to effectively communicate the work required at each step of the process is key, as is the ability to clearly and concisely SWOT issues and decision points. The candidate possesses the ability to effectively communicate successes and failures of a model, processes and procedures with clear understanding of critical success.
You’re the kind of person who has:
• Experience with leading Privileged Access products in the industry such as CyberArk
• Understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity configurations
• The ability to articulate design concepts of technical product components, such as vaults, safes, session managers, key managers, credential providers
• Experience with protocols, services and traffic flows for authentication
• Can troubleshoot complex heterogeneous environments through server log and network traffic analysis, leaning on experience with troubleshooting and analysis techniques and tools
• Experience understanding taxonomy of privileges on named or shared privileged accounts
• Documentation skills commensurate with an elite engineering team with an eye towards operational stability
• Skills to perform disaster resiliency tests, discovery audits, and can present findings to management
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
• 1+ years of experience in implementation and integration of privileged access technologies
• Experience with privileged access controls in Unix and Windows environments
• Experience with broader IAM ecosystem of directories, identity management, and access management controls
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Cybersecurity certifications such as SSCP
• Ability to interface with Corporate Audit and External Audit functions for regulatory compliance