The Senior Network Administrator shall maintain the general health of the network infrastructure at the Bank's colocation sites and WAN locations as well as within the cloud. They shall plan for future growth, implement improvements as necessary and investigate and design new technologies such as SD-WAN. The Senior Network Administrator will provide 1st and 2nd level network support, manage virtual infrastructure, perform regular network maintenance and upgrades, and manage and support VPN technologies. They will work with the Infrastructure team, vendors and other groups in IT to investigate issues and escalate incidents as required.
Responsibilities include: maintaining procedures for proper operation and maintenance of network equipment and operations; architect and execute proper network communications for new projects and initiatives; ensure adherence to the established procedures; document and periodically update LAN, WAN, network equipment and server configurations; design, plan and implement all necessary upgrades and changes to network systems; manage all projects assigned to them and meet all required deadlines; coordinate with the information security officer and IT audit officer to ensure compliance with recommended security practices and department and organizational policies; manage and coordinate efforts for annual network circuit failover testing; possess sound and independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills specifically within the network area and broadly for the entire infrastructure. The Senior Network Administrator will also be tasked in the maintenance of the infrastructure, perform administrative tasks as requested, manage accounts and permissions, assist in the asset quoting and procurement process, assist in the documentation of systems, applications and policies and provide ad hoc and recurring reports to management and internal/external audit.
JOB FUNCTIONS (DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Design and build multi-vendor data connectivity solutions supporting the Bank's global network.
- Design and support AWS network infrastructure (VPCs, transit, NAT & internet gateways, Direct Connect, VPNs) using best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of an SD-WAN strategy.
- Investigate network problems, escalate as required and tracks problems to resolution.
- Ensure proper monitoring and alerting of all network devices and connections and analyzes utilization & trends for capacity planning.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Manage existing, and establishes new procedures as required for proper operation of the Bank’s network equipment and systems.
- Work within established configuration and change management procedures to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to network infrastructure.
- Leads initiatives in network planning, design, installation and maintenance accounting for high availability, Disaster Recovery, performance and scalability.
- Participate in the on-call rotation of the Infrastructure group.
- Participate in the budgeting and procurement processes; considering project, equipment and budget requirements.
- Document internal processes as well as communications with clients and users as it relates to IT initiatives.
- Prepare and provide reports as requested by management.
- Perform all functions as assigned by management.
- Provide high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things
- CCNA and CCNP certification desired.
- AWS Advanced Networking specialty a plus.
- Experience managing Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 devices.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network security and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of SD-WAN solutions
- 7+ years’ experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- 7+ years’ hands-on experience with firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers.
- Knowledge of IT Security related systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.