- intrusion detection
- Threat Hunting
- Network Security
- Endpoint Security
- Cyber Security
Stafford Associates is currently seeking a confident and detail-oriented individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position on our internal IT Security team. We are looking for a self-starter who is organized and capable of handling multiple tasks and ongoing projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, supporting, and maintaining the security infrastructure for our clients and our hosting environment. This position is located at our Setauket NY office and requires in-person attendance.
- Proactively reduce attack surfaces for Stafford Associates and assigned clients through various measures.
- Maintain a vulnerability management program for Stafford Associates and managed clients, including vulnerability scanning, planning and prioritizing remediation efforts, relaying vulnerability data to clients, web application testing, and manual validation of vulnerabilities.
- Utilize tools such as SIEM and EDR to hunt for threats.
- Assist in designing cybersecurity solutions for clients.
- Audit enterprise firewall configurations and rulesets against best practices
- Experience in hardening IT assets and technologies in an enterprise environment, including but not limited to network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN concentrators), Windows and Linux operating systems, web-facing technologies (web servers/application stacks), and core enterprise technologies (Active Directory, ERP).
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments using various tools and methods. Preferred experience includes the use of black box vulnerability scanners, web application scanners, and manual penetration testing tools when validation of scanner findings is needed.
- Experience using tools such as EDR and SIEM to hunt for threats.
- Experience producing vulnerability assessment reports, remediation plans, and risk prioritization recommendations.
- Experience with third-party risk management is a plus.
- Experience with Splunk is a plus.
- NGFW (Next-Generation Firewall) experience is a plus.
About Stafford Associates:
Stafford Associates, located in Setauket, NY, owns and operates a state of the art certified AICPA/SOC and PCI DSS Compliant Data Center that provides such offerings as Colocation, Cloud Computing, and Managed IT Services. Our goal is to provide our customers with the most reliable, scalable and secure services available today. We maintain this high level of service with a redundant data center infrastructure which is supported by a team of highly qualified engineers ready to meet any challenge.