Low Latency Systems Engineer $375K - 750K and up. Top notch medical benefits, free breakfast and lunch, gym membership and so much more. NYC or Chicago.
Prestigious Hedge Fund with some of the brightest minds in technology, financial markets, engineering, and sciences to tackle challenges in the markets. Within the technology team, highly skilled Systems Engineers innovate, reduce complexity, and improve performance of the trading systems. The Systems Engineers will help design and deploy the next generation of production, development, and QA infrastructure. The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the global deployment, configuration, reliability, performance management, automation, tooling, and visibility for Linux-based systems and services. You will work directly with Researchers, Application Development, Network Engineering and other Infrastructure teams to optimize and support the trading, production, and research systems.
• Work with business leaders, QR, and developers to address business needs and improve technology
• Oversee the reliability, availability, and performance of the Securities Systems
• Assist in the automation of repetitive tasks and improve consistency and visibility
• Work with the global systems team while innovating and pushing autonomy for regional decisions
• Provide quick response to business needs by working directly with business sponsors and developers and engineers
• Deep understanding of Linux engineering and administration methods
• Familiar with tuning OS and kernel parameters for improved performance (latency, throughput)
• Infrastructure provisioning/management tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Puppet)
• Understanding and experience in time synchronization setups
• Familiarity and comfort working with common scripting languages such as Python
• Broad experience with common infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
• Comprehensive understanding of data protection schemes, how they are commonly deployed, and how they fail:
erasure coding, replication, RAID, snapshots, etc.
• Deep knowledge of data consistency models and how they are implemented in systems such as POSIX file systems, S3 object stores, block-based SANs, NFS, CIFS, and distributed HPC file systems.
• Experience integrating systems with Active Directory, LDAP, cloud IAM and other such identity providers.
• Have designed, operated and/or managed mission-critical systems
• Going beyond standard administration to driving improvement and innovation over time
• Experience in the financial industry a plus but not a requirement
• Understanding implementation aspects of embedded hardware such as FPGA is a plus