The Senior Software Engineer builds secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Senior Software Engineer role is responsible for working with a team of technology engineers in Trade execution and contribution to development efforts for application development and help build the supporting platforms that advances in CME’s electronic trading platform.
• This individual is responsible for developing projects for systems that must achieve a unique blend of performant application, large data handling, supporting backend for UI application meeting the required SLA and facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, rock-solid reliability and integrity and handle real-time performant system, all while undergoing rapid release cycles
• Utilize an understanding of CME Group’s business and industry knowledge to enhance the usability and quality of the application(s) being developed
• Strong Objected Oriented Design and Programming experience and strong hold on Java and Scala with experience in Spring (Spring Core, Spring JDBC, Spring MVC) and Hibernate & REST web service
• Experience with relational database (MS SQL or Oracle), SQL and Cassandra
• Experience with UNIX/Linux, shell scripts and Kafka
• Participates in design discussions and helping to create architecture/design artifacts
• Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments
• Masters, Bachelor or equivalent Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of software development experience required in Java. Knowledge of Scala will be an added advantage
• Proficient in SQL knowledge, oracle, Cassandra & database modeling nice to have
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
• Experience in working with remote teams, different time zones, and consultants