Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Onsite at client site- Denver, CO
Contract: 6 months and possibility of extension
Certifications: CCNA preferred.
Travel Required : NO
Vaccination: Preferred not Mandatory
1. Understanding of DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x/2.0/3.0/3.
2. Understanding and experience working with CMTS.
3. Basic Linux system administration skills required
4. Experience on Cisco switching and routing platforms required
5. Strong understanding of IP switching and routing
• Understanding of DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x/2.0/3.0/3.1
• Understanding of basic RF parameters and signal flows (frequency, power-level, modulation methods, channel widths, signal losses, SNR etc.) in a CATV system.
• Prior experience with CMTS platforms is preferred.
• Understanding of DHCP/TFTP protocols
• Understanding and experience with DOCSIS provisioning systems a plus
• Strong understanding of IP switching and routing.
• Strong understanding of configuration scripting via industry standard CLI interfaces
• Understanding of CPE device configuration files, and CPE troubleshooting
• Basic Linux system administration skills is a must.
• Experience on Cisco switching and routing platforms required.
• Network automation experience a plus.
• Ansible Automation Engine experience as a plus
Successful candidate must be capable of working independently and/or as part of a larger deployment team, able to establish serial or console connectivity to network devices in order to diagnose and correct basic IP routing or RF signaling issues in a live network. Candidate will have the ability to wire and activate test modems/MTAs in a controlled environment, perform Acceptance Tests, document test results and communicate results with customers and the larger team. Candidate will be able to trace IP packet flows through a DOCSIS network, diagnosing points of failure and suggesting corrective actions. Candidate will have CCNA level of networking knowledge and or experience, working on Cisco switches and routers. Experience in configuring, deploying, testing and troubleshooting at the DOCSIS 3.0 level is must.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A3231.