Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. Java Software Engineer - Ecommerce Marketplace Startup
Santa Monica, CA (you can work from home up to 2x/week)
The company's product is an ecommerce marketplace for a luxury goods market that is worth $20 billion/year. The product is for both mobile and web.
The company has 12 employees including 5 engineers. It has raised $9 million in funding, and is backed by numerous entertainment and business moguls. Revenues are rapidly growing.
The company will pay up to $220k in salary, plus equity which could be very lucrative.
- Building out the core logic, frameworks, and services for company's products.
- Working with a wide variety of systems and cutting-edge technologies to solve problems at scale.
- Scaling infrastructure as products scale.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization such as product, operations, and marketing leads.
- At least 3 years of professional experience (more is better).
- Strong experience building backend services in Java
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale.
- Understanding of best practices in engineering, security, and design.
- Have experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Ability to tackle hard problems and see their solutions through to the end.
- Ability to thrive in a very collaborative environment.
Nice to have:
- Ecommerce experience.
- Google Cloud Platform.
- Startup experience.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: