- Red Hat
- Systems Administration
- VMware ESX
- vendor management
Direct Hire position | Onsite | Sarasota, FL
Our client in Sarasota Florida has an immediate opening for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. This is an onsite position, located in the premier city of South West Florida. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
In this position, you will have both hands-on and technical leadership responsibilities. You would be responsible for managing the relationship with an infrastructure hosting partner. As the Linux SME you will review, approve and manage the changes, projects, and tasks impacting the Linux OS with the hosting provider. Also, you will ensure the vendor maintains the client's systems within the policies, standards, and SLAs agreed upon with the provider. This is not all vendor management though, you will also be the Linux SA for all systems not hosted by the vendor, approximately 30% of the Linux architecture is not hosted by the partner and will be the Linux SA's responsibility.
Lastly, as the Linux Management SME you will gather requirements from the PMs and BAs for projects that have infrastructure requirements and provide the costs, timelines, and projections.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review Linux-based OS performance SLAs (CPU Ready, CPU Time, Storage, Memory.)
- Review and approve Linux-based OS level changes.
- Create and manage Linux-based OS requirements.
- Review Projects and Tactical Linux-based OS requirements.
- Review and maintain Linux-based OS policies and standards.
- Provide Linux-based OS support oversight.
- Manage Linux patching with MSP.
- Coordinate with internal Teams for requirements.
- Provide support for Linux-based OS hardening policies.
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting on VMware clusters.
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting on backup systems.
- Maintain and administer all Linux platforms in cloud infrastructure (i.e. Azure, AWS, Oracle, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- 5+ years of current experience with server deployment and management using VMware ESX
- 3+ years of experience working the Docker or a similar container
- Knowledge of Linux (RHEL) and or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Experience with virtualization technologies (i.e. VMWare, OVM, etc.)
- Experience with storage systems (SANs, NAS, fiber channel, FCoE, iSCSI, etc.)
- Experience configuring and supporting various applications on Red Hat Linux including Apache, Tomcat, OpenSSL, etc.
- Experience managing systems using Red Hat Satellite or similar technology.
- Experience with networking protocols and applications such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SSL, FTP, SCP, etc.
- Experience configuring and using server monitoring tools, Nagios, and Icinga experience a plus.
- Experience working with EXT3/4, NFS3/4, iSCSI, VXFS, and LVM including raid-level concepts, storage performance, and optimization.
- Experience supporting container-based environments using Red Hat OpenShift, and Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker-registries, and Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates, or transfer a visa or provide sponsorship, at this time.