F5 BIG-IP2-5 or more years of F5 network administration experienceSecret DoD Security Clearance
Intermediate F5 Certified Big-IP Administrator to join our team supporting the Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) out of Ft. Huachuca, Arizona. The F5 Certified Big-IP Administrator will be a part of a diverse team supporting a globally distributed information system, responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages all F5 Big-IP components for a globally dispersed information system.
- Assist in managing load balance traffic and viewing statistics and logs.
- Configure virtual servers, pools and monitor BIG-IP configuration states and files.
- Must have a proper understanding of traffic management shell hierarchical structures and their navigation.
- Have an understanding of how to use TCPDUMP on BIG-IP Systems.
- Must be able to define user roles and administrative partitions.
- Must be able to locate and recognize iRules components and know where they are actualized within the GUI and trigger iRules with events.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of GUI troubleshooting tools, TCP dumps and other utilities.
- Must be able to resolve virtual server connectivity issues.
- Must be able to handle any problem related to hardware and basic performance.
- Must be able to investigate basic device management connectivity problems.
- Responsible for opening support tickets with F5, and must provide detailed reports relating to a current device status.
- Maintains F5 BIG-IP security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Maintains F5 Big-IP appliances by applying patches and performing firmware upgrades.
- Must have an intermediate level understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during F5 BIG-IP outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Must have a basic understanding of TCL
- Familiarity with VMware virtualization
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Experience with LTM, APM, GTM and DNS desired
- Understanding of basic Linus syntax desired
- Understanding of programming/scripting knowledge such as Python, Ansible a plus
BS in Information Technology or Computer Science related field or equivalent years of experience
- 2-5 or more years of F5 network administration experience
- 8570 certification: IAT Level II Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP)
- Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Computing environment certificate: F5 Big-IP Admin or equivalent within 6 months of hire.