Object Technology Solutions, Inc (OTSI) has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist.
Data Scientist – (Dallas, TX/ Kansas City, MO – Remote)
- We rely on powerfully insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret, and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential. You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future
- Design, Develop and Deploy advanced machine learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms/predictive models for use in Underwriting, Customer Management, Marketing, Portfolio Management and Operations.
- Assess, clean, merge, and analyse large datasets adhering to standardized data manipulation techniques and methodology by leveraging R, SAS, Python and/or Apache Spark.
- Perform parallel processing computations both within R as well as cluster computing technologies such as Apache Spark.
- Design, Develop and Deploy multiple linear and nonlinear models for testing, development and deployment into our underwriting engine in the application of risk management in all of acquisition channels.
- Efficiently apply data mining methodologies to minimize credit/fraud losses, maximize response and approval rates, and develop methods to enhance profitability of Elevate products.
- Successfully implement scoring models on multiple decision platforms Including R instance deployment, on premise deployment and cloud deployment and multiple forms such as Java objects, R Object Models and Apache Spark Models.
- Provide knowledge, insight and guidance of third party data providers such as Transunion, Clarity/Experian and Equifax to include knowledge of products and data available, products to purchase or discontinue, cost benefit analysis of retrospective analysis, effective use of variables, data dictionaries as well as advantages and limitations.
- Maintain clear, detailed model documentation on our Wiki Server by leveraging reproducible research technologies such as Rmarkdown, IPython, Jupyter Notebook, etc.
- Functional lead and point of contact with business partners to support the needs and goals of all portfolios.
- Lead analytical projects by leveraging and coaching Jr Data Scientists.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Motivation Skills - History of achieving aggressive organizational goals and objectives, conveying sense of urgency while moving beyond challenges and obstacles.
- Thinking and Administrative Skills - Solid analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze trends and suggest solutions to challenges.
- Achieve Successful Results – Takes the initiative to get things done.
- Demonstrates Adaptability – Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting priorities.
- Innovates – Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes open minded approach to situations.
- Communication Skills - Refined written and verbal communication skills. Ability to foster open communications, listen effectively and build strong partnership networks.
- Technological Competence – Extensive knowledge of R, Python, Scala, Java, SAS, MATLAB, SQL, and/or SPSS and risk management technology with the ability to leverage such tools to improve the organization’s decision making criteria.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Master’s degree in highly quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitatively-oriented degree) required.
- At least three years of experience in Data Science or Modeling for consumer lending; Professional experience waived with at least two years of Data Science or Modeling experience and Ph.D. Degree in highly quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitatively-oriented degree).
- Experience with third-party consumer credit data and non-FCRA compliant consumer data.
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced statistical modeling and substantial experience with machine learning techniques (e.g., Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, LASSO, Elastic Net, etc). Knowledge of penalized regression and classification methods a plus.
- Strong data skills, with ability to conduct substantial data munging/engineering.
- Proficiency with SAS and R, Python, or Java; expertise with versioning software (e.g., Git), big data solutions and data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- Experience with at least four database technologies such as MSSQL Server, SAS Datasets, Hadoop, Apache Hive/Impala, Spark, Redshift, HBASE, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Neo4j, Teradata, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Amazon AWS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, JSON & XML parsing, etc.
- Proven experience working in fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
- Superior communication skills for communication with Risk Management peers and executive team.
- Proficiency of contemporary supervised and unsupervised data mining techniques a plus.
OTSI is a leading global technology company offering solutions, consulting, and managed services for businesses worldwide since 1999. OTSI serves clients from its 15 offices across 6 countries around the globe with a “Follow-the-Sun” model. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, we have a strong presence in North America, Central America, and Asia-Pacific with a Global Delivery Centre based in India. These strategic locations offer our customers the competitive advantages of onshore, near shore, and offshore engagement and delivery options, with 24/7 support. OTSI works with 100+ enterprise customers, of which many are Fortune ranked, OTSI focuses on industry segments such as Banking, Financial Services & Insurance, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Energy & Utilities, Communications & Media Entertainment, Engineering & Telecom, Retail & Consumer Services, Hi-tech, Manufacturing, Engineering, transport logistics, Government, Defence & PSUs.
Our Centre of Excellence:
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- QA & Automation
- Enterprise Applications
- Disruptive Technologies