- DevOps Engineer
Our DevOps Engineers apply software engineering practices to build, run and maintain the software and infrastructure required for distributed fault-tolerant systems. DevOps Engineer ensures that the reliability and uptime of our systems aligns with the needs of the system's user base and optimizes the capacity, performance, and cost of running our systems, often via automation of repetitive operational tasks.
- Engages in the entire lifecycle of our systems development from inception through production maintenance
- Supports and maintains services by measuring and monitoring system health metrics
- Designs systems to be able to be fault-tolerant and scalable
- Designs and builds software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications
- Ensures reliability, quality, and time-to-market targets are well understood and achieved for our software
- Provides primary operational support and engineering for test and production systems
- Participates in post-mortems with a focus on improvement instead of blame
- Contributes to the sustainability of our systems through automation
- Collaborates with development and release teams to improve services through rigorous testing
- Balances the pace of feature releases with service-level objectives
- Researches and understands emerging technologies, tools, platforms, and frameworks
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Requires 4+ years of experience in systems administration/engineering, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), and/or development
- Strong experience with Apache and Tomcat
- Strong experience with SSL/TLS/PKI infrastructure/processes in support of application development
- Experience with a programming/scripting language such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, Java, C#, Ruby, etc.
- Experience analyzing, and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems
- Experience working in an environment with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with operating systems management and internals (Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and/or Windows OS)
- Ability to automate routine tasks, debug and optimize code
- Experience managing configuration state of products and environments (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Relevant certifications in technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform Cloud, Linux, Microsoft and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS technologies such as ECS, EKS, EC2, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Route 53, S3, etc.
- Experience with Azure technologies
- Experience with dynamic resource management frameworks such as Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Knowledge of network technologies (e.g., load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS)
- Working knowledge of database technologies (e.g., RDS, Aurora, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at building relationships within and across teams
Black Knight carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate's education, training, specialty, experience, and work location. The base salary (exempt) or hourly rate (non-exempt) is just one component of the total rewards package offered to our employees, including potential bonus or commission eligibility, insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability), matching 401(k) plan and matching employee stock purchase plan.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.