SOFT's client located in Philadelphia, PA ( Hybrid ) is looking for a SDET - Java / Selenium for a long term contract assignment.
This role is for at Technical Test Engineer with lead level automated and manual/exploratory testing skills. Must have recent/current minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing test automation in Java based environments implementing Continuous Testing technologies and strategies. Must have experience creating test automation frameworks and be able to use and maintain existing testing frameworks (custom-built) based on latest industry technologies.
• 5+ years’ experience with software testing and 4 year college degree (preferably computer software related) (required)
• 5+ years of hands-on development of automated software test suites (required)
• Knowledge and experience using various development and testing tools that include but are not limited to:
o Java (required),
o Jenkins, Maven, GIT/GITHUB (required),
o SQL (required)
o Selenium Webdriver (High Preferred)
o JIRA/Xray (desired),
o Mobile Automation Tools (desired),
o Performance tools such as Jmeter and LoadRunner (desired),
o Postman (desired)
o ALM Quality Center (desired),
o Cucumber development implementation (desired),
• Must be fluent in understanding/using tools for version management and CI/CD pipeline such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven (required)
• Must be able to adopt existing tools, procedures, and best practices for automated testing
• Experience developing and executing automated (Unit, UI, API) and manual/exploratory test cases (required)
• Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries/ability to query the database using SQL Server Management (required)
• Ability to test web services (required)
• Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental testing principles, concepts, and techniques (required)
• Experience evaluating and recommending testing tools and techniques. (required)
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and customer service skills; including working with customers, prioritization, and expectation setting (required)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (required)
• Strong team player and self-starter (required)
• Experience with java test automation (required)
• Good understanding and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (preferred)
• Experience with testing batch processes and Rest API (preferred)
• Perform configuration of run time environments for testing tools (preferred)
• Proficiency with knowledge transfer/coaching other automation engineers (preferred)
• May require occasional extended hours for testing new systems, problem resolution, and completion of priority projects.
• May require occasional overnight travel for participation in requirements gathering sessions or development planning sessions.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to develop automated and manual test suites and report on various types of tests including functional, integration, system, regression and/or performance. Recommend analytical and technical testing strategies/techniques, and architecting complex test automation frameworks.
• Provide software testing information upon which management can make informed quality decisions about an application under test. • Evaluate software performance and current test methodologies, recommends process improvements, and translates functional and technical requirements into comprehensive test documentation.
• Collaborate with development staff to resolve issues by recording, reporting, analyzing, and tracking resolutions to complex requirements.
• Develops test automation suites under new or existing framework for UI and API testing
• Designs and maintains testing process documentation, plans, and strategies
• Analyzes testing processes and identifies opportunities for improvement
• Consults with development teams to identify, reproduce, and resolve dev/test issues
• Performs database queries and verifies data results
• Performs test data analysis and drives the setup and verification of test data
• Participates in requirements gathering sessions
• Plans and estimates testing efforts in collaboration with project management/agile teams
• Provides testing status information to management/agile teams.
Please refer to the Position ID when inquiring about a job posting or sending in your resume.
***INDEPENDENT CONSULTANTS ONLY! NO THIRD PARTIES/NO SUB CONTRACTORS***