MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe® secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under general supervision, the Sr. Hardware Engineer implements planned reliability strategies with the Design Group. The reliability activities are related to: Critical Item Identification, De-rating, Reliability Allocations, Requirement’s definition, Environmental considerations, Failure Mode and effect analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and reliability predictions for electronic boards. This position is also responsible for Life Cycle Cost analysis (LCCA), Worst Case Criticality Analysis (WCCA), Reliability Growth and Reliability Qualification Testing such as High Accelerating Life Test (HALT), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and High Accelerating Stress Screening (HASS).
Full-time Position at our Seal Beach, CA Corporate Office
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement and manage processes to insure appropriate and project specific reliability allocations are taken into consideration during the design process
- Identify critical components and improve overall component and system reliability over time (reliability growth)
- Perform component-level circuit analysis/debug using instruments such as oscilloscopes, volt meters, logic analyzers and PC-based tools.
- Include reliability requirements in the engineering design systems
- Defining with Design Engineering reliability goal targets, critical items list, determining reliability predictions and FTA for new products
- Review engineering specification and develop product test plans
- Perform prediction reliability analysis
- Perform Design FMEA and FTA analysis
- Perform EMC testing in house or coordinate the testing at outside lab
- Improve product reliability through root cause analysis for hardware failures, track trends for these failures, and create action items for follow up
- Support investigation team on timely respond to incidents and customer inquiries.
- Develop and maintain a failure analysis report including root cause, resolution and solution, and documentation required for the team including repair guides and process documentation
- Participate in planning, standup, and retrospective meetings
- Serve as escalation point for the hardware break-fix team, assisting with unusual hardware faults and perform deep dives into both systemic and latent reliability issues
- Support releases activities and production environment testing
- Design mechanisms for alerts and responses to identify and address reliability risks
- Design or improve the performance, capacity, and monitoring of the reliability and validation tests
- Create educational documentation on how-to's, best practices, use-cases and architectures that relate to product design
- Other duties as assigned
- S. Degree in electromechanical, or electrical engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product reliability testing, troubleshooting and diagnosis of first occurrence hardware faults
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit designs, PCB layout requirements, simulation/modeling, and board level testing at the bench level is required.
- Design experience with embedded microcontrollers. (8051, ARM 7, ARM 9).
- Analog design experience with op-amps, filters, FET, oscillator, switching power supplies, and LDO circuits.
- Digital design experience with ROM, FLASH, and control logic circuits.
- Experience with protocols such as Ethernet, USB and RS-232, BLE and BT a plus.
- Desired knowledge of RF design particularly with NFC designs is a plus.
- Complete knowledge about DOE, SPC, FTA and FMEA
- Complete knowledge about ISO Quality System
- Full experience with the CE, UL, CSA agency approval process
- Knowledge about project management
- Proficient in SolidWorks and LabVIEW
- Strong communication skills and team-oriented problem-solving ability
- Strong passion in diagnosis of systems, products and firmware in the manufacturing environment
401 (k) with employer match
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer