*This is a permanaent position, cannot support C2C at this time*
What We’re Looking For
The ideal software engineer candidate
- is an empathetic teammate who loves to help others, to bring order to chaos, and to document their path for others to follow
- enjoys working in an early-stage environment with many different tasks and systems to manage and own
- plans to be a pillar of the department for multiple years
- has high moral and ethical standards
- Is proficient in production-level Python
- focuses primarily on back-end systems, datastores, and pipelines
- has experience collecting data via web scraping, APIs, other protocols
- has worked in a threat intel or security environment
- is interested in developing tools to prevent cryptocurrency fraud
What You Will Do
As one of the company's first hires, you will help the Engineering Department to create early infrastructure and frameworks to allow for scalable additions of modules to support data science, data collection, and a customer-facing API.
You are expected at a senior+ level to be able to create large components of the stack compatible with other existing systems and then build up teams to take them over and maintain them, either as an Individual Contributor (IC) or as a manager.
We don’t expect you to know everything coming in, but you will be onboarded and trained into how to use APIs for different communications platforms, how to look at crypto transaction data, and where to look in the deep and dark web as well as through OSINT for potentially useful data.
What You Will Be Using
- Infrastructure as code applied to cloud providers
- Different datastores (relational, columnar, key-value, graph, etc.)
- Version-controlled SQL and ETL tools
- Data science flows and MLOps