- Cloud Infrastructure
- Computer Science
- Network Administrator
- maintain documentation
- network switches
Performs a variety of mid-level to complex technical and administrative tasks related to the configuration and deployment of the college network system and equipment. Responsible for the administration of Data Center network switches and routers, Firewalls, SDWAN, and WAN routing.
This position will contribute to a safe and inclusive working environment with respect for a diversity of backgrounds and ableness.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, administer, and monitor college LAN, WAN, SDWAN, Wireless, Data Center, Firewall, Cloud Infrastructure, and UPS systems
- Processes work requests and provides customer service through the college service desk.
- Answers and responds to telephone calls, e-mail and other communications that come into the department.
- Troubleshoots issues related to college network systems, takes ownership of incidents until resolution, and escalates to vendor support as needed
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations
- Identify potential issues and document plans for remediation before the issues negatively impact the college.
- Responsible for the physical copper and fiber cable plant, including documentation and oversee contractors to ensure adherence to college standards
- Assist in the design and deployment of network technologies
- Assists in the remediation of information security events and vulnerabilities in a timely and effective manner
- Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- Certifications relevant to the items in Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics are preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification is required (or should be obtained within 9 months of appointment).