Please send your resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following System Administrator
position located in St. Louis, Chicago, Belleville, Dallas, LA, D.C., or NYC. This position is considered hybrid. You will work remotely 90% of the time. You must live in one of the St. Louis, Chicago, Belleville, Dallas, LA, D.C., or NYC areas. This is a full-time role with a salary range of $95K - $105K. If you are not interested in this position, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired. Benefits Include: 30 days PTO, vesting of 7.5% of salary after 2 years, Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness program, and more.
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: St. Louis, Chicago, Belleville, Dallas, LA, D.C., or NYC
Salary: $95K - $105K
3rd Party C2C/Transfer: No
Referral Fee: $500 - Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Bachelor’s Degree Required: Yes
Covid Vaccination Required: Yes
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
Benefits Include: 30 days PTO, vesting of 7.5% of salary after 2 years, Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness program, and more.
Under the direction of the Client’s IT Operations Director, the System Administrator will be responsible for the support, configuration, and reliable operation of the Client’s computer systems.
Qualified applicants will have:
- CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security +, and MCSE: Core Infrastructure, or equivalent credentials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree or experience is required.
Ideal candidates will have at least:
- Five (5) years of experience supporting a multi-site MS Active Directory and MS Azure AD Premium environment
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with HIPAA, PCI and PII.
- The person selected for the position must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This exempt position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule.
- Supports Microsoft platforms across multiple on-premise systems and Azure/Office 365 cloud environments.
- Provides first response to server incidents, management of trouble ticketing, and daily maintenance/monitoring of systems.
- Proactively manages both on-premise and Azure-based systems, such as MS Enterprise Cloud Suite, MS Exchange (2010 – current); two-factor authentication systems; mobile device management solutions; MS Windows Server (2008 – current); Cisco LAN and WAN networks; and FortiGate firewalls.
- Performs daily system monitoring and remediation.
- Develops and maintains concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
- Acts as a tier 2 escalation point for other IT team members; technical resource for vendor management and support issues.
- Assists other IT team members with user application and end-user computing issues.
- Provides direction and mentorship to junior team members on how to diagnose and resolve production environment issues.
- Supports and assists vendor-driven upgrades.
- Proactively participates in change/incident management solutions.
- Collaborates with the system engineering team on future projects, changes, and implementations.
- Provides after-hours support for system-related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance.
- Proactive in identifying, reporting, and participating in the resolution of any potential or safety issues
- Performs data analysis, performance optimizations, and database maintenance as required.
- Advises and directs other development group members and provides assistance on projects. Responsible for the implementation, coordination, and management of projects when required.
- Performs other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the department.
- Attends meetings as assigned and participates in educational activities to keep skills up to date.
- Expert experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening, and Remediation
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on-premise and via hybrid cloud environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange in a multisite/MS Office 365 hybrid environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Hyper-V technologies.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as: SCOM, SolarWinds.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of backup technologies.
- Working knowledge of end-user computing tools such as SCCM, application packing, and OSD.
- Working knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting, SAN and NAS connectivity.
- Must possess an expert level of understanding of N-tier architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management/analyst applications.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and strong time management skills.
- Must have the ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Must have the ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above-average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- This is a full-time position that requires working a minimum of forty (40) hours per week on a regular basis. Oftentimes, it may also include working outside of normal business hours to ensure the completion of position requirements.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for them to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport twenty-five (25) pounds, and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Client is committed to the safety of our workplace so that each team member of the organization can serve their client’s needs with minimal disruption. Therefore, during the current pandemic COVID-19 vaccines are required for all team members, including those that are newly hired, other than where an exemption from that rule is legally required, or otherwise has been granted by the Client as a reasonable accommodation.