- Microsoft Office
- Systems Administrator
- Windows Server
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Systems Administrator I - Central Campus
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides system-level support of assigned systems through troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration, escalating as needed.
- Maintains assigned systems including customization, configuration, installation, and testing.
- Provides implementation support for new systems including upgrades, customization, integration, and testing.
- Provide knowledge and support for assigned systems and distributed applications.
- Works with ITS customer support to ensure issues related to assigned systems that impact user productivity are communicated to ITS customers.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of the back-up environments for all systems when assigned.
- Ensures quality assurance processes are being followed, including service levels as outlined in the ITS Service Level Agreement and change control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in Windows Server operating systems (Windows 2016, 2019, 2022).
- Familiar with DELL hardware (Converged Infrastructure (MX Series), R series servers, Compellent and PowerVault Storage).
- Familiar with Systems Management Technologies (MECM, InTune)
- Familiar with Linux (Oracle Linux 7/8)
- Familiar with Vmware vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, NSX technologies
- Ability to set up and manage printer queues
- Ability to script and provide operating system/application troubleshooting and software deployment.
- Ability to work well with others and to demonstrate an excellent quality of work with little or no supervision required.
- Must be highly organized and possess excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution required.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Information Technology or Computer Science from an accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum (2) years of IT Infrastructure Systems experience required.
- Experience in two or more of the following is required: VMWare, Microsoft, Linux technologies, SAN/ NAS, Cloud Services.
- Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Experience with MAC OS
- Experience with VMC on AWS and/or Azure VMware Services (AVS)
- Microsoft Administrator Certification (Fundamentals), or VMware Certified Technical Associate (VCTA), or VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree may be considered in lieu of the certification requirement.
- Microsoft Administrator Certification (Advanced / Expert), or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP), or equivalent.
Salary Grade: 25 Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req4512
Posting Close Date: 6/20/2023