Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Day shift: 8am to 4:30 pm
As a Material Handler within the Inventory Management Team, you will be responsible for:
- Working with receiving to coordinate material movement throughout the site
- Operate equipment to package and move materials and products
- Placing inventory into its correct bin location quickly and accurately
- Picking inventory from its designated bin location quickly and accurately in support of the production lines
- Perform routine tasks defined by the work area using hand tools, operating equipment, utilizing printers, working on PCs, and equipment calibration.
- Monitor and verify quality of materials and documents
- Counting inventory of material locations as required
- Expediting material requests in support of the production lines
- Working with team leads to optimize storage space
- Helping to clean and maintain order of inventory storage
- Communicate with material coordinators and production line operators regarding part shortages and inventory needs
- Provide superior customer service to the business by resolving issues quickly
- Contribute to the site's continuous improvement culture by developing and implementing ideas
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area
- Prioritize assignments based on urgency and relevancy to business objectives
- Support team members in achieving objectives and goals through effective teamwork.
- Work to and meet all appropriate specified standard times. Complete assignments in a timely manner
- Follow all documented procedures, safety, and environmental guidelines. Performs daily housekeeping duties.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide back-up support to other employees as needed
- Maintain flexibility and receptiveness to change in daily routine.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment: printers,
- Cross training for other roles
- Attend weekly meetings
- May be asked to count inventory locations located in the shipping area.
- Meeting training requirements in a timely manner and maintaining training certifications
- Adhere to company values and implement those values in job role
- May require specialized training/certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time environment
- Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to give/receive oral or written information clearly
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, ratios, weights & measures)
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and spot inaccuracies
- Must be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work well with others in a team environment to create and accomplish a common goal.
- Superior time management skills and be able to effectively multitask when required
- Flexibility: ability to adjust rapidly and effectively to change and remain open to change in job assignments.
- Responsibility/ownership: demonstrated willingness to take responsibility for resolving problems,
- Experience working with computers: keyboarding, Windows environment, searching through folders, emailing, creating documents
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Required to bend, stoop, and reach
- Required to remain standing for extended periods of time
- No known allergies to industrial chemicals used in the work area
- Time spent during workday: 50% stooping, standing, bending, walking, reaching to retrieve or deliver parts typically under but not limited to 50 lbs. 50% processing transactions and paperwork at a PC
- SAP experience
- Microsoft Office Skills - Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Forklift certification
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1841.