Our client is looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure and Operations Engineer to join our clients Global Infrastructure and Operations function. You will be part of an Operations team that is responsible for managing and providing 24x7 day to day support for on-premise and public cloud IaaS and future PaaS offerings.
The right candidate for this role must be able to Anticipate, Identify, Analyze and Solve operational problems and implement the necessary changes for permanent resolution.
You will be joinging a small international operations team during an exciting period of transformation. They are currently migrating from an on-premise to fully public cloud environment. They are looking for someone who can adjust create efficiencies and adjjust to the rapid adoption of changes, automating processes and managing the evolution of challenges and increased efficiencies within Cloud Operations.
The role also requires support for the Cloud transformation Project, evolving the operations of the cloud platform and support for IT and business initiatives. This is a special position in the fact your responsibilities will include both day to day operations and engagement in the support of projects and new initiatives.
About you You need to be someone who is creative, accountable, ambitious and takes an outside of the box thinking approach to be able to align with roadmaps of other IT teams initiatives and alignment with a future vision of operations. You must be able to look at and visualize an improvement, propose your concept and follow through to take your idea from a concept to a solution. You must be able to prioritize your work and reach out when you determine assistance is needed. You must have strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to think ahead and remain focused on the task at hand when you are being contacted from many different directions. You should be passionate about improving supporting processes and learning new methods and technologies to create operational efficiencies.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS cloud offerings
- Ability to review manual steps and automate as part of efficiency from automation
- Development of solutions in Azure utilizing Microsoft native toolsets.
- Container support and orchestration within a public cloud.
- VM deployments utilizing Infrastrucutre as a code technology (Terraform)
- Creation of DevOPS pipelines in alignment with development teams,
- Strength in Powershell, YAML, and other scripting technologies to create operational efficiencies from automation.
- Understand and control the operational costs in a public cloud
- Microsoft and Linux Operating System Support
- Office 365 support and architecture knowledge in a hybrid environment.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies and Enterprise storage
- Customization and development of cloud offering utilizing native tools.
- Experience working on projects and landscapes applying Agile methodologies.