- Systems Administrator
Responsible for performing system administration of both Linux and Windows platforms, VMWare virtual environments, and Cisco networking equipment on Land Mobile Radio (LMR) lab systems. Administration includes both servers and clients running company proprietary applications and the Cisco network which connects them. Support lab testers with platform configuration and debug when needed. Perform audits and tests of platforms and software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures. Integration of new application software on platforms. Debugs and characterizes defects, providing detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests for test reports. Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering. Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products.
- Administer both Linux and Windows operating system platforms
- Administer VMWare virtual environments
- Administer Cisco networking switches, routers, and firewalls
- Support lab testers with debug on a platform and across system to identify issue and resolve it
- Execute set of defined tests on various computer platforms and radio systems equipment.
- Troubleshoot and characterize failures via cross-team interaction, especially with development personnel.
- Accurately document execution results, failure recreation instructions, and weekly progress.
- 40hr work week with occasional after hours work when needed to support system maintenance windows or debug system issues
- Computer/radio lab work environment, subject to related RF, noise, and HVAC issues
- Able to lift items of 50lbs
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 operating system knowledge
- Microsoft Windows 8 and 10 operating system knowledge
- RedHat Linux 5, 6, 7 and 8 operating system knowledge
- Microsoft Active Directory knowledge
- IP network understanding
- Cisco switch, router and firewall knowledge
- Install and configure server and client hardware and software
- Experience testing platforms and application software
- System configuration skills (i.e. control panel, device manager, network manager)
- Scripting knowledge
- Detailed troubleshooting / problem-solving
- Good interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to apply new knowledge to a task or to teach it to others
Preferred Additional Skills
- Databases - SQL, Sybase, etc.
- Cloud environments
- Security - virus scanning, and patching (McAfee)
- Ansible scripting
- Basic Land Mobile Radio (LMR) system knowledge
- Experience with Public Safety Radio and Dispatch Systems
- Understanding of trunked and/or conventional radio systems
- Understanding of P25 and/or Opensky systems
- LTE cellular network and/or handheld client experience
- Experience configuring/administering/debugging enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Experience with HP Quality Center
- Experience with IBM ClearQuest