- ARP - 4754
- ARP - 4754 A
- DO - 160
- DO - 254
- Flight Control System
We are looking for an eVTOL Vehicle Dynamics and Control Engineer to explore new frontiers for this globally known automotive company, that has entered the eVTOL realm. As a Vehicle Dynamics and Control engineer, working on the new eVTOL vehicle, and will be entering the project during early stages of development and can grow and evolve in this position over time. The Vehicle Dynamics and Control Team is responsible for developing vehicle flight dynamics models, conducting stability and control analysis, providing guidance to support configuration design and trade-off studies, as well as designing the vehicle flight control laws for the Primary Flight Control System (PFCS) and the Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of vehicle modeling, stability, and control fundamentals, understands that application of previous experiences needs to be adjusted to tackle the challenges in this new domain, and enjoys proactively seeking solutions to these technical challenges.
Candidate is required to be a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. (, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee)
- Work with other teams to identify flight conditions and modeling structures to support nonlinear aeroservoelastic model development.
- Conducting and/or assessing the results from vehicle stability and control analysis.
- Designing and/or assessing vehicle flight control laws for the PFCS and the AFCS.
- Work with other teams to define requirements for aircraft operation and flight control function performance, integrity, and availability based on the results.
- Creating and/or reviewing verification tests for handling qualities, vehicle flight control laws and system identification, etc. based on requirements.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in the above areas.
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace industry in a similar/ applicable position.
- 5+ years of experience with fixed-wing or rotorcraft modeling or flight control development in the aerospace industry.
- A deep understanding of rotorcraft and/or fixed-wing flight dynamics including knowledge of stability and control principles and application of handling qualities criteria.
- A deep understanding of classical and modern control system theory and their practical application to design.
- Fluency in Matlab and Simulink.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant engineering area, with a Master's or Doctorate Degree is preferred.
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively read, understand, and interpret results of engineering analyses and tests.
- Desire to work in a team-centric environment and collaboratively work with others on a daily basis.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence & JIRA) and IBM DOORS.
- Experience in Osprey V22 is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with highly integrated system development following SAE guidance ARP-4754A.
- Knowledge and experience with systems comprised of items compliant with RTCA standards applicable to aircraft development like DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, DO-331.
- Knowledge and experience with aircraft certification with FAA, EASA, TCCA, and/or other aircraft certification authorities around the world.