Business analysis and project management
Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 1+ year Contract
Location: Getzville, NY
- The Business Analyst will support a full range of reporting and analytical activities which help to ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the Business Unit.
Job Background or Context:
- Working in a busy 24/5 global team which produces pitch materials, graphic design and conceptual presentations.
- Presentation Technology (Pres Tech) is a specialist group servicing internal clients within the Institutional Clients Group (primarily Banking & Capital Markets Advisory, but also TTS, Markets, Private Bank, etc.) and various other clients within Client.
- Pres Tech is part of the Marketing division which also includes translations, web, print, graphics and DTP teams.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports for the global Pres Tech, translations, print, graphics, DTP and web teams.
- Assist with the global billing process for MTP: deal number checking, monthly billing file generation, creation of billing files for APS upload, mitigating rejects, etc.
- Track and analyse trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact MTP.
- Assist in developing tactical initiatives and/or programs to support the identified goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Analyse Pres Tech activities and operational data; compare with industry standards and agreed service levels; present findings to SLT; work with Senior Business Analyst and MTP management to develop and implement strategies.
- Monitor workflow processes and make appropriate recommendations in order to positively impact operational effectiveness.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with regional hub managers and support their ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Processing of invoices (vendors, staff taxis, etc.)
Knowledge or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business analysis and reporting.
- Proven experience in Project Management - having managed projects from original concept through to final implementation.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Experience of working as Business Analyst or Project Manager.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Access and Word useful but not essential.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of reporting tools like Cognos Analytics, Power BI or Tableau would be an added advantage.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Effective decision-making skills necessary to support complex operations.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Flexibility in work schedules according to the demands of the business.
Mary Myers | Pinnacle | Technical Recruiter
Office: Ext 7111 Direct: Fax: 
5501 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Suite 600 Dallas, TX 75240