- Platform Automation
Location: Hybrid (Seattle, WA)
This position contributes to company's success by delivering high quality and reliable products and services of a Platform Development Team with a strong focus on platform automation, data streaming and persistence. As engineer Sr. in platform development, you are responsible for planning, delivery, and operations of solutions. You are also responsible for the execution, delivery and support the technology for new and existing applications and platforms. This role requires technical expertise, domain proficiency and platform depth. Models and acts in accordance with company's guiding principles.
Tops 3 Skills Needed
Cassendra / SQL / data streaming Kafka
Problem solving/ automation
Years of Experience:
- 7+ years of professional industry experience with software development and operations
- 7+ years of systems or application development projects of all sizes and complexities, including large systems
Degree or certifications required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Background/ skills:
- Strong background database
- Data streaming platform experience
- Hands on coding requirement
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in RDBMS and NoSQL i.e., Cassandra
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data streaming platform i.e., Kafka
- Ability to execute on design principles of cohesively build and operate secure, durable, flexible, accessible solutions. Requires an understanding of relevant development languages, tools, frameworks, utilities, and technical dependencies.
- Ability to design, create, and implement large scale distributed, cloud native platform.
- Familiar with SDLC for crafting high quality automation pipelines and software.
- Contributes to various team's design reviews, design patterns and coding standards, library, and shared code identification, creation, socialization, adoption and maintenance, developer tool solutions, process definitions, administrations, and support.
- Recognizes, values and champions high quality, reusable software with minimal defects on the team.
- Working experience with product development teams in a platform engineering role is highly desirable.
- Ability to build automation tools for platform processes for various application pipeline.
- Working knowledge of application architecture, infrastructure and security concepts and technical implementation.
- Proficient in understanding of implications from design and implementation architecture choices toward building secure, scalable, durable, flexible, accessible solutions.
- Working knowledge of Azure or AWS and Cloud Computing concepts
- Strong hands-on coding in one or multiple of the mainstream languages (i.e., java, python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in best practices for:
- Platform and infrastructure
- PaaS services
- Monitoring, auditing and Operations
- In-depth working experience in a DevOps culture; one or more public cloud experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform etc.), one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (i.e., Docker/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, ELK stack, Splunk etc.)
- Linux (Ubuntu, CoreOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
- One or more Web and Application Server technologies (i.e., Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Nginx)
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- One or more version control platform (i.e., Git)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Expert in analyzing and troubleshooting applications.
- Broad and deep understanding of relevant platform and applications capabilities, including established API's, system activity components, process flows, the underlying data model, implementation specifics of important business rules, batch jobs, user interface components, and application configuration.
- Familiarity and curiosity in the business context and trends, as well as the business customers' opportunities. Awareness of the functional aspects of the solution.
- Product platform life cycle - Strategy, development and deployment
- Execute overall platform evolvement strategies and procedures
- Execute operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- Develop, recommend, evaluate, integrate, deploy, and maintain security tools including security framework.
- Evaluate software security products and technologies.
- Develop and deploy solutions in Agile methodology, with continuous delivery processes
- Ability to communicate effectively to cross functional teams that include architects, analysts, developers, and QA analysts
- Ability to articulate ideas, using facts and data, for solutions to both technical and business communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions using a mixture of intuition, analysis, experience and judgment
- Automation / DevOps
- Automation platform
- 80% hands on development work
- 20% troubleshooting
- Help influence and drive technical decisions within team and with stakeholders
- Accurately interpret and incorporates automation focus intakes to comply with our Cloud governance and Global Cyber Security requirements.
- Communicate and understand Architecture Design Pattern
- Communicate and understand Automation Engineering Services for common platform components
- Provide consultative services for technical issues within the application teams.
- Interact with Starbucks Cloud and Global Cyber Security teams representing our platforms.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated problem solver on the platform and domain, absorbing and incorporating new skills through new problem exposure and experience.
- Ensures platform implementation has appropriate design patterns and coding standards in place. Contribute to team's engineering standards toward secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible solutions that pro-actively mitigate against production support issues.
- Is an active member of the team in formal and non-formal settings, by contributing ideas, feedbacks, questions, and assistance.
- Manages personal work intake, workflow and status through established tooling and backlog grooming when work in the agile format. Provide regular transparent status, risk and communications through established norms for the platform. Manages personal work including incidents, enhancements, defects, and projects in agile approach.
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA, and key Development teams, to strengthen and elevate the platform from a technology perspective. Successfully sees designs and solutions through enterprise processes and governance to ensure compliant, secure and supportable solutions.
- Defines and maintains processes, procedures, and expectations for team's production support responsibilities.
- Ensures platform application and platform support documentation is in place.
- Self-sufficient and lead through high severity platform related operational incidents.
- Automation platform
- If they have never done coding before.
- I they have never used cloud
- If they never did data streaming