- STEM degree
SIG is looking for an experienced ETL Developer to join our technology team at our headquarters in Bala Cynwyd, PA, just outside of Center City Philadelphia. As a member of our ETL team, you will participate the design and development of our ETL infrastructure. You will work directly with technical and business teams to analyze their data needs and develop solutions for both batch and continuous data movements using enterprise class tools and custom scripting methods.
This role will give you exposure to cutting-edge, distributed database environments that support critical business activities. We are looking for someone who is excited to join our efforts as we evolve, evaluate and promote newer technologies within this space across our firm globally.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and provide consultation for batch and continuous (near-real time) data integration solutions
- Administer, monitor, and support data processing infrastructure.
- Interface with Database Administrators, Architects and Analysts to implement appropriate data processing and ETL process performance tuning needs
- Manage ETL defects, enhancements and new functionality requests to meet changes in systems and business needs
- Identify and resolve problems with data processing infrastructure, processes, systems and tools
- Recommend solutions for improvement and standardization
- Acquire and distribute data from and to external data partners using standardized data acquisition techniques
- Maintain and enhance file transfer product and processes.
- Assist in designing, developing and testing prototypes while implementing new features
- Provide production support for Data Acquisition and Distribution processes, systems and tools
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is required
- 1-5 years of experience with design, development, and support of ETL processes.
- Must have experience working with ETL processes in Unix/Linux environments
- Demonstrated experience with at least one of the following databases: Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Good understanding of relational databases, logical and physical modeling concepts and performance tuning methodologies required.
- Knowledge of batch and continuous (near-real time) ETL processing methodologies required.
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL and/or T-SQL required.
- Experience with shell scripting and Python programming required.
- Exposure to multiple file formats, file transfer protocols and managing large data sets in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to co-develop and reuse similar capabilities for data processing including data acquisition, extraction, conversion, and transformation processes required.
- Experience with data streaming technologies such as Kafka preferred.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop preferred.
- Experience with cloud technologies preferred.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.