- IBM Db2
Position: DB2 DBA Admin role
Location: Byron Center, MI
1 Month Remote
Primary Skills: DB2 DBA with Snowflake OR Oracle
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts, recommending optimum access techniques, and coordinating installation requirements.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Business Analysts, Architect, and Senior Developers to establish physical application framework for enterprise scale data solutions on-premises or in Cloud environments.
- Build processes for database upgrade or patch existing databases and associated software in accordance with vendor best practices.
- Identifies and performs real-time actions to achieve quick return to service, perform multifaceted root cause analysis across domains and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions.
- Provide consultation to application development teams on databases technical issues and techniques.
- Oversee, design, and implement processes for the company's databases environment security, provide recommendations for improving database security and implementing approved security improvements.
- Proactively and reactively resolve database performance and capacity issues, including database trace data, audits, and alerting.
- Train and mentor team members (junior DBAs) on database related technologies.
- Create automation of repeat database tasks (PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills).
- Research, recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirement, and evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Develops and maintains backup and recovery procedures for database services, provides appropriate documentation, cross-training, capacity management and recommendations for future state.
- Monitor’s storage capacity, consumption, and trend long-term usage.
- Develops and maintains database alerts.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred) in Computer Science or Information Technology, or another related field. And equivalent combination of education or experience will be considered.
- Minimum seven years Professional database administration experience required.
- DB2 (Zos) experience required.
- DB2 (AIX), MySQL (Linux) or MariaDB (Linux) experience preferred.
- Snowflake/Oracle experience preferred
- Basic systems engineering skills for using various operating systems including Zos, Unix, Linux, Windows required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service, solution execution, and follow through.
- Must be detail orientated, team oriented and able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Experience with performance tuning queries and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Proficient in writing and maintaining scripts and/or programs to aid in administrative tasks.
- Exercises independent judgement, solves complex, non-routine problems.
Lead Talent Acquisition- North America
Infinity, Stamford Technology Solutions
Accelerating Customer Growth…
Phone : +1
Global Locations: USA-Canada-UK-Poland-India
ISO 27001:2013, WBENC & NMSDC Certified