Actively recruiting for a Network Field Engineer in Chicago, IL
UNFORTUNATELY, VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
This position will entail the support of numerous clients across the Chicago Metro area, with mileage reimbursement for all client travel. This position is ideal for an individual who thrives on delivering technical solutions while undertaking and solving a wide array of technical challenges in ever-changing high-end corporate client environments.
(This position is designed for the SME who gets bored doing the same thing every-single-day)
The successful candidate will be asked to comprehend and deliver solutions and strategies in the design, configuration and maintenance of LAN, WAN and wireless networks to ensure the stability, integrity and operational effectiveness and efficiency of network services. In addition, the Network Field Engineer will participate with the design, purchase, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network, wireless, and system hardware, software, and communication software and hardware. This individual will also analyze and resolve network and system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
This position requires 3 years of Network Field Engineering experience in CISCO Router / Switch MS Systems and Exchange experience, preferably in an MSP or equivalent
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Meraki, HP and Aruba Systems
- Wireless Networking
- Firewall Set-up and Installation (such as CISCO ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper, SonicWALL, FortiGate)
- VMWare Systems
- VPN Administration
- Layer 2/3
- Cisco IOS/XE/NX-OS
- Cloud Based Networking
- Network Security Concepts
- CCNA Certification preferred
- Windows Systems Support
- Windows Server Administration
- MS Exchange Administration
- Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on multiple company standard network technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, wireless networking, and CISCO VoIP / Voice Engineering platforms.
- Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA’s and budgetary implications.
- Understands and considers and applies standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development and project methodologies.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Provides technical support and guidance (Level 2) in troubleshooting network performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures.
- Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 3 years network engineering experience.
Candidates without the required minimums will not be considered
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
Subcontractors, 1099 and Corp-to-Corp candidates will not be considered
**********Our Vendor List Is Closed**********