- Agile software development
- Amazon Web Services
- Azure Administrator
- Customer Relationship Management Software
G2 Software Systems, Inc. (G2) is looking for a self-directed and motivated individual as a Cloud Engineer to support a DoD program. The ideal candidate will have experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud-based resources in Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing environment. This is a mid-level position where you can use your expertise to help the program deploy next-level cloud applications for our stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cloud computing, virtualization, and network administration, with a focus on Linux-based environments. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of security best practices and be able to manage complex projects.
- CompTIA Security+;
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (e.g. Exam AZ-104, or Exam AZ-303, or Exam AZ-304).
- One or more years of professional experience as a Cloud Engineer, Architect, Administrator or similar role familiar with designing, planning, and managing an organization's cloud computing infrastructure;
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of all responsibilities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement cloud-based infrastructure solutions based on industry best practices and client requirements;
- Manage and optimize cloud-based resources to ensure optimal performance and cost-effectiveness;
- Manage and maintain Linux-based servers, including patching, security, and performance optimization;
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of applications running on the cloud;
- Work closely with the Power Apps Development Team to assist with integrating required resources between Azure subscriptions and Power Platform environments;
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to cloud infrastructure and applications;
- Implement and maintain cloud security controls to harden the tenant/subscription and maintain compliance with established regulations;
- Monitor and report on cloud infrastructure usage, performance, and availability;
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth integration of cloud infrastructure with existing systems;
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies in cloud computing and recommend improvements to our cloud infrastructure and processes.
This position requires an individual to be a US citizen and either have, or be able to obtain, and retain a DoD clearance.
The following are desired experience relative to this position:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform;
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems and command-line interface;
- Experience in a wide variety of web and open-source software applications;
- Experience with SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI;
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and services such as TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, and firewalls;
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology and test-driven development and the DevSecOps approach to the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC);
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell;
- Experience as a Cloud Program Manager, working with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that cloud projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet business requirements;
- Experience as a Project Management Professional (PMP), planning projects, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, quality management, stakeholder management, and team management;
- Experience with the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Platform;
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience leading cloud migration efforts for Federal Customers like the Department of Defense (DoD) (e.g., Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps);
- Experience working with the Federal Government or DoD;
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform.
G2 provides consultant-level pay within a company framework. G2 Software Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned Small Business performing cutting edge software development for a variety of DoD programs since 1989. G2 has assembled an unparalleled professional team of software, hardware, and systems engineers and information technology and program specialists, supported by experienced managers and a superb administrative staff. In 2010, G2 began an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).